The following page of the guide to Monster Hunter Rise contains the most important information about the monster Somnacanth. You will learn about its weak spots and elemental vulnerabilities. At the very end, we present a list of rewards for defeating Somnacanth and some tips for fighting this monster.
- Habitats: Frozen Islands, Sunken Forest, Lava Caves
- Class: Leviathan
- Difficulty: 5/10
- Weakness: Lightning, Fire
- Immunity: Water, Ice, Dragon
- Negative effects: Explosion, Sleep, Stun
- Elements: None
The above image lists all the parts of the monster's body and their susceptibility to particular weapon types and elements. The higher the number, the more damage is dealt.
The following are the most effective attacks:
- in the neck with a sharp or blunt weapon, lightning-enhanced;
- in the head with a sharp weapon, lightning-enhanced;
- in the tail with a sharp or blunt weapon, lightning-enhanced.
Somnacanth is susceptible to:
Above you will find a list of all the usual and rare items that you can get by fighting this monster. Some of them are necessary to make particular weapons or armor.
- Somnacanth can be very agile in the water. Pulling it ashore will slow it down considerably. Lure the monster out of the water with the help of a Stinkmink or run off to land while riding a Wyvern;
- Somnacanth produces a sleeping powder. Breaking off part of the monster's neck and tail will prevent it from using these attacks. Keep a supply of nulberry with you and an energy drink, in case of infection with a debuff. Eating the right Dango and adjusting the armor is a good way to protect yourself from sleep;
- If you get caught in a cloud of Sleeping Powder, use Wirebugs to get out of it quickly;
- The monster picks up colorful shells from time to time and he uses them as weapons. The yellow shell can blind you, while the red shell will cause a lot of damage in the explosion;
- Somnacanth has a strong area attack. If you notice that it starts to curl up, use a sonic bomb, which interrupts the animation and stuns the monster for a moment. Use this moment to perform a combination of attacks.