The forty-fifth mission of Metal Gear Solid V is the last one featuring Quiet. During this operation, you have to join Quiet to defend yourselves from a mechanized Soviet unit near the palace ruins. It requires playing carefully, because enemy attacks can leave the protagonist with close to no health. Equipment is crucial here, so you should get prepared early on.
- MAIN (1/2): Made contact with Quiet - Reach Lamar Khaate Palace where Quiet is held.
- MAIN (2/2): Eliminated the Soviet mechanized unit - While completing the mission for the first time, you should destroy all machines in the Soviet unit (tanks, APCs, helicopter). Use a rocket launcher and remember about supply drops.
- OPTIONAL (1/3): Obtained Quiet's cassette tape - It can be achieved after you view the summary. Follow the footsteps to a tree with a cassette tape hanging on it.
- OPTIONAL (2/3): Extracted 7 tanks and 7 armored vehicles - Attempt this objective when you replay the mission. You need to know it really well and have proper equipment (EMP mines for stopping the vehicles and a good armor).
- OPTIONAL (3/3): Completed the mission without Quiet taking damage - Quiet's health bar is shown on the screen. She will face a serious threat at the end of the mission. You need to deal with the last group of machines aggressively.
Preparing for the mission
In theory, you cannot prepare for this mission, because it starts right after completing side op 150 (Secure Quiet). You can, however, select your equipment before side op 150. Equip Boss with the best armor. He will also need a rocket launcher (preferably with homing missiles, because the mission includes a chopper that's really hard to shoot down). If you have any anti-tank/EMP mines, take them as well.
Note - in mission 45, Quiet is a predetermined buddy. You'll fight alongside her even if you selected another buddy.
Note - You might want to call for supply drops during the fights. Before you start the mission, make sure you have at least a couple hundred thousand GMP to pay for them.