The forty-fifth mission of Metal Gear Solid V does not become available automatically. Unlocking it is quite tricky and the procedure has been described below. There are two important pieces of information to it:
- Mission 45 is the last one featuring Quiet. You cannot prevent it, so try to get all upgrades related to Quiet early enough and complete missions that she would be useful in.
- Mission 45 gets unlocked regardless of missions 46-50. In extreme circumstances, you can complete missions 46-50 and have the 45th still locked.
Unlocking mission 45 requires having access to side-op 150 (Secure Quiet). It happens because mission 45 begins right after you complete side-op 150 (you won't even be able to get prepared).
The first requirement is having Quiet available as a buddy. Just to remind you, to recruit Quiet, you have to abduct her at the end of mission 11 (Cloaked in Silence) and wait until you unlock side op 111 (Visit Quiet) and visit her on the medical platform of the Mother Base.
Another important issue is your bond with Quiet. It has to be maxed out. You can do it by taking her to missions and cooperating with her. Current bond level can be seen after each mission and during preparation before one. The bar marked above has to be full.
Note - Bond bar does not remain full. The level can decrease if you, for example, made Quiet take heavy damage during a mission. It can be quickly repaired, though.
Another requirement is that Diamond Dogs emblem must not contain the Butterfly. If you haven't modified the emblem, you won't have to do anything. If you have, check the emblem. To do it, open iDroid, select Mother Base, then Customize and Emblem.
The next requirement is that you have listened to all of Questioning Huey recordings. They are related to the scientist, Emmerich, more precisely to doubts about his good intentions. The tapes can be played with the iDroid. After you turn it on, select Missions, then Cassette Tapes. Tape categories are shown in the screenshot above. They are located in:
- Questioning Huey 1 - Complete the main mission 12 (Hellbound).
- Questioning Huey 2 - Complete the main mission 13 (Pitch Dark).
- Questioning Huey 3 - Complete side op 143 (Extract the AI Pod).
- Questioning Huey 4 - Complete side ops 145-149 (Search for the Escaped Children 01-05).
- Questioning Huey 5 - Complete the main mission 43 (Shining Lights, Even in Death).
- Questioning Huey 6 - Listen to the recording "Reasons for Facilitating the Wolbachia Mutation 2" from Questioning Huey 5 group while D-Dog is selected as a buddy.
The last requirement is that you have to see Emmerich being expelled from the Mother Base. After you meet all the requirements, complete main and side missions until Miller tells you to come to the Mother Base.
When the cutscene is over, you will find out that Quiet has gone missing. Side Op 150 should now appear on the side-op list.
Note - Before you start searching for Quiet, prepare yourself, because mission 45 will start right after side op 150. Equip Big Boss with the best armor available and a rocket launcher (preferably one with homing missiles). You can find out more about it in the Mission Walkthrough (mission 45).
After starting side op 150, head towards outpost 4 in Africa. The area is occupied by hostile forces. Be careful about the sniper, hiding in the southern part of the town. Find him with your binoculars or with D-Dog, then approach him from the side or from behind and eliminate him quietly.
You might find the objectives hard to understand, because your map will not show Quiet's location at all. You have to reach the building shown above. It is located near the tower (neutralize the nearby enemies first). When you enter the building, you will listen to Millers comments and you'll have to walk up to a table with documents that you must take a look at. Doing so will start mission 45 - A Quiet Exit. Its walkthrough has been described on the next page of this guide.
Prize: 140000 GMP