General information on the mission
The forty first mission in Metal Gear Solid V is about destroying the enemy vehicles in a military convoy - armored vehicles, tanks and a combat helicopter with the commander on board. Of course, you can choose whether you want to steal the vehicles or destroy them (the only exception here is the helicopter that cannot be fultoned). As for secondary objectives, in the mission you can also abduct the commander and obtain rare blueprints on-board the chopper.
- PRIMARY (1/3): Eliminated the gunship - It is not a good idea to attack the chopper still on its way to Nova Braga Airport, because you will not get the option to complete a secondary objective, then (abducting the commander). To destroy the chopper, you need to use a very good rocket launcher.
- PRIMARY (2/3): Eliminated 2 tanks - You can destroy the tanks or (which is a better idea), fulton them. In the case of the latter, you can try an approach them as soon as they reach outpost 14, or only after they reach Nova Braga Airport.
- PRIMARY (3/3): Eliminated 2 armored vehicles - Armored vehicles, just like tanks, can be either fultoned or destroyed. You can do that at any point into the mission (they do not leave the area of operation prematurely).
- SECONDARY (1/4): Extracted 2 tanks and 2 armored vehicles - These machines can also be fultoned when they are on their way to Nova Braga Airport or after they get to their destination.
- SECONDARY (2/4): Extracted the armored column's commander - The commander is on-board the chopper and you need to wait for him to get out at Nova Braga Airport. The commander then moves to the Western building and this is where you could surprise him.
- SECONDARY (3/4): Secured the rough diamond hidden by the armored column's commander - The diamond is at the far end of the building at Nova Braga Airport, where the commander arrives after he gets out of the chopper.
- SECONDARY (4/4): Secured the blueprint the gunship was carrying - It is best to destroy the chopper while it is at the Nova Braga Airport, because you need to know where it crashed (it does not leave the wreckage) and get there to get the blueprints.
It is a very good idea to play the mission after dusk. Thanks to this, it will be easier to get near the enemy vehicles and extract them. Also, this way, it is easier to clear the airport of the enemy units (especially snipers)/ As your buddy, you can take the D-Dog, who helps you locate enemies at the airport (primary objectives are automatically followed), or Quiet, who can eliminate more demanding targets.
If you are going to destroy enemy vehicles, it is necessary to wear combat suit. Regardless of your intended tactic, take a rocket launcher also, because it is compulsory to destroy, at least, one enemy vehicle (the gunship). Make sure that you have taken the best available rocket launcher, because the gunship can withstand 3-4 direct shots from a lower-class launcher.