General information on the mission
The thirty eighth mission in Metal Gear Solid V takes place in a very small area. Completing the primary objective does not take too much time, because you only need to find the film canister in the ruins occupied by the enemy. It may be a little bit more time consuming to complete side missions. They assume obtaining the film before the reinforcements arrive, rescuing the POW and fultoning the rare vulture species.
- PRIMARY (1/1): Secured film canister - The item is in Spugmay Keep. Try to find the film before reinforcements arrive in the ruins, because you will then complete a secondary mission objective.
- SECONDARY (1/4): Captured Spugmay Keep - This one is easy. You need to kill, or restrain all of the enemies occupying the ruins and it is best to do that before reinforcements arrive.
- SECONDARY (2/4): Secured film canister before reinforcements arrived - There are two jeeps heading towards Spugmay Keep with reinforcements. At first, they appear in the Northern and in the Western parts of the map. As soon as you start the mission, you can reach the ruins and locate the film, or stop the vehicles on their way (firing on the reinforcements, using mine launcher, etc.).
- SECONDARY (3/4): Extracted prisoner being held at Spugmay Keep, East Guard Post - The POW is in the main building of outpost 24 (eastern part of the map). Deal with the soldiers in the outpost and fulton the prisoner.
- SECONDARY (4/4): Extracted a griffon vulture near Spugmay Keep - The vulture is flying above the ruins. You can get it down using sniper rifle and sleeping ammo, or wait for it to land in a more accessible area, where you can use the pistol.
Starting the mission after nightfall does not change the way in which it plays out, but it may make it a bit less difficult to reach the film. Also, there is no one "good" choice, when it comes to buddies. D-Dog can help you locate enemies in the ruins and eliminate some of them. Quiet can use her sniper rifle to help you clear the keep at a distance, whereas thanks to D-Horse, you can quickly reach roads that the jeeps with reinforcements are traveling along, thanks to which you stop them faster.
Try to take along a sniper rifle with sleeping ammo. Not necessarily will you need it to eliminate enemies in the ruins (at least several of them are using heavy armors), but it will make it easier to shoot down the vulture for extraction.