General info about the mission
The eighteenth mission in Metal Gear Solid V can cause you a lot of trouble. Eliminating the soldier at the beginning of the mission is quite easy, but things get difficult when you reach the mine. You have to sneak up to the place where the children are, rescue them and take them to the exfiltration point without them getting hurt. Your obstacles will be enemy soldiers, a gunship and snipers (the latter should be dealt with earlier). Good news is that most of the optional objectives can be completed while doing the mandatory ones. There is only one exception - extracting 3 armored vehicles.
- PRIMARY (1/3): Eliminated the former rebel Mbele soldier - the soldier can be found on Bampeve Plantation and you will know him by his black beret. You can kill him, but the best way is to knock him out and Fulton him so that you also complete the optional objective.
- PRIMARY (2/3): Eliminated 5 prisoners being held at Kungenga Mine - you don't have to kill anyone, you just need to sneak to the main camp and reach the cave where the children are held.
- PRIMARY (3/3): Extracted child prisoner - you have to rescue all the children held in Kungenga Mine. After you open the cell, you have to lead them to the exfiltration point and do not let them get hurt. You will have to eliminate several groups of soldiers.
- SECONDARY (1/5): Extracted the former rebel Mbele soldier - after location the soldier from Bampeve Plantation (the first objective in the mission), you need to knock him out and Fulton him to Mother Base.
- SECONDARY (2/5): Completed the mission by extracting 5 child soldiers without the enemy discovering their escape - this objective won't cause you as much trouble as you may think. Eliminate all the enemies around the mine and all the soldiers on your way to the exfiltration point. Don't let anyone sound the alarm.
- SECONDARY (3/5): Eliminated the gunship - it is good to deal with this task at the beginning of the mission, because otherwise the gunship will interrupt you in completing other objectives. Use the best rocket launcher that you have to destroy it.
- SECONDARY (4/5): Extracted 5 snipers from areas near Kungenga Mine, NE and SW Guard Posts - You can find two snipers near guard place number 13 (to the south from the mine) and three more near guard place number 02 (to the north-east from the mine). Use crawling to sneak up to them.
- SECONDARY (5/5): Extracted 3 armored vehicles - armored vehicles travel around the whole map. You can slow them down using obstacles or approach them when they stop near an outpost. You will need CARGO 2 upgrade to extract APCs.
It is advisable to play this mission at night. It will make it easier for you to get to the mine and reach the exfiltration point with the children. Besides, it will be easier to sneak up to snipers that are connected to one of the optional objectives. You should choose D-Dog as your companion, which will allow you to locate the snipers faster and also it will be easier for you to move around the mine, as there are a lot of soldiers.
You should also take the best rocket launcher that you currently have, because you will use it to destroy the enemy gunship. You can take some good obstacles that can be used to stop armored vehicles.