General info about the mission
The ninth mission in Metal Gear Solid V is a mission consisting in a major part of eliminating enemy machines. To complete it, you only need to destroy one armored vehicle, but if you want to achieve the best score, there are as many as eleven machines to eliminate, including a new gunship. For the first time, you will need to race against time, but the time limit is connected only to APC machines. The mission has a few optional objectives, but because of their characteristic, it is best to deal with them when completing the mission the second time.
Note - when completing mission 9, the game won't automatically create checkpoints (for example after reaching an enemy camp). You have to complete the whole mission in one trial. Keep it in mind and don't take any unnecessary risk, for example when you're fighting multiple enemies, tanks or a gunship.
- PRIMARY (1/1): Eliminated an armored vehicle - you have to eliminate at least one APC (there are seven of them) before the time runs out (15 minutes) or before all the vehicles leave the mission area (otherwise, you will fail the mission).
- SECONDARY (1/7): Eliminated multiple fighting vehicles or gunships - this objective will be completed after you destroy the second machine. If you want to get the highest score, you should destroy all eleven of them. There are 7 APCs, 3 tanks and 1 gunship.
- SECONDARY (2/7): Eliminated all armored vehicles without receiving a resupply or fire support - it is good to complete this quest after you have CARGO 2 upgrade, because then you can Fulton the vehicles instead of destroying them. Otherwise, you would have to use a good rocket launcher or use the weapon from the truck (the third optional objective).
- SECONDARY (3/7): Secured the weapon the transport truck was carrying - the truck will appear in the northern part of the map, a few minutes after you start the mission. First you need to stop it (use a Cardboard Box, shoot the driver or do it some other way). Then, you can Fulton the whole truck (only if you have CARGO 2 upgrade) or climb on top of it and collect the launcher.
- SECONDARY (4/7): Extracted an armored vehicle - this objective requires you to have CARGO 2 upgrade. Sneak up to any armored vehicle (you can use a Cardboard Box to stop it first) and Fulton it.
- SECONDARY (5/7): Extracted 4 soldiers searching for the escaped prisoner - the soldiers are patrolling the mountain path located north-east of Lamar Khaate Palace, leading to outpost number 15. You should complete this objective at the beginning of the mission, which will prevent the soldiers from killing one of the prisoners connected to another objective.
- SECONDARY (6/7): Extracted 6 prisoners - focus on this objective right from the beginning of the mission. You will find the prisoners near the south-western landing site (1), on the mountain path leading to outpost number 15 (2), under the bridge north of outpost number 12 (3), in Wakh Sind Barracks (4), near Lamar Khaate Palace (5) and in a jeep that will appear in the northern part of the map after a few minutes (6).
- SECONDARY (7/7): Extracted 3 tanks - the tanks (and the gunship) will appear on the map after the time runs out or after you destroy all seven APCs. You can complete this quest only if you have CARGO 2 upgrade. Sneak up to the tanks and Fulton them before they start attacking you.
If you start this mission to eliminate enemy machines, you can choose any time of the day and you should select D-Horse as your companion. This will allow you to reach the vehicles faster and none of them will escape you. If you plan to complete optional objectives connected to ambushing the patrol and rescuing six prisoners, it is good to do it at night and select D-Dog as companion (provided it's already unlocked). D-Dog will help you located the prisoners and enemy soldiers.
As for the equipment, take the best rocket launcher that you can on the mission (check if you can invent new models in Mother Base). Moreover, you will use some Cardboard Boxes for stopping regular vehicles and some landmines to destroy APCs and tanks.