MediEvil Remake is much easier than the original, but if you run out of all your health and get a "Game Over" screen, you will have to replay the entire level from a scratch. Below we have prepared a list of levels with the estimated time of their completion:
- Dan's Crypt - a tutorial level in which you will collect the main weapons and learn the game's mechanics (completion time: 1 to 2 minutes).
- The Graveyard - the first level, featured both in the cover for the remake and the original from 1998. Here, you will encounter only the weakest variety of zombies and learn additional mechanics available in MediEvil (completion time: 7-10 minutes).
- Cemetery Hill (completion time: 10-12 minutes)
- The Hilltop Mausoleum (completion time: 10-13 minutes - depending on how quickly you defeat the demon from the stained glass)
- Return to the Graveyard (completion time: 8-12 minutes - depending on how fast you defeat the Guards)
- Scarecrow Fields (completion time: 15-20 minutes)
- Pumpkin Gorge (completion time: 15-18 minutes)
- Pumpkin Serpent (completion time: 5-7 minutes - depending on how fast you defeat the Pumpkin King)
- The Sleeping Village (completion time: 18-20 minutes)
- The Asylum Grounds (completion time: 20-40 minutes, depending on how fast you will solve the Jack Green's riddle)
- Inside the Asylum (completion time: 6 minutes)
- The Enchanted Earth (completion time: 20-30 minutes, depending on how quickly you solve the puzzle and how quickly you defeat the Demonettes)
- The Ant Caves (completion time: 5-30 minutes, depending on how much you will wander through the caves)
- Pools of the Ancient Dead (completion time: 7-9 minutes)
- The Lake (completion time: 12-15 minutes)
- Crystal Caves (completion time: 10-15 minutes, depending on how fast you will defeat the old dragon)
- Gallow's Gauntlet (completion time: 3-5 minutes, depending on whether you fought the serpent or ran away from it)
- The Haunted Ruins (completion time: 15-20 minutes)
- The Ghost Ship (completion time: 20-40 minutes, depending on how good you are at running and avoiding traps and how quickly you defeat the Captain of the Ghost Ship)
- The Entrance Hall (completion time: 1-3 minutes)
- The Time Device (completion time: 15-20 minutes)
- Zarok's Lair (completion time: 10-13 minutes, depending on how fast you will defeat Lord Kardok and Zarok)
How long to beat MediEvil?
It can be assumed that the game takes about 15 hours to complete, including loading times and multiple visits to the Hall of Heroes. And if you're going to get platinum trophy, it will take you twice as long, because gathering Lost Souls requires you to complete levels once again (you have to complete simple soul-related quests).