New Game+ plus is a mechanic known mostly to fans of RPG and roguelike games. A good example is the Dark Souls franchise, or the newest installment of The Witcher saga, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Like with those games, this mode allows the player to start the game from the beginning, without losing progress from the previous playthrough. To be able to start the game in New Game+ mode, you have to complete all the main missions of the story, all of which can be found in Priority Ops group - descriptions of every one of them can be found in this guide. Once you've done it, a new option will appear in the main menu of the game.
Data that is kept when starting a New Game+ game:
- Levels and skill points earned during the "normal" playthrough.
- Unlocked abilities - like Remnant VI that is unlocked after completing Peebee's Secret Project quest.
- All of the items that aren't related to main and side quests in any way - weapons, armors, Augments, mods and so on.
- Research Data and researched projects.
- Weapon and armor schematics you've managed to unlock.
- Earned Credits.
Data that is reset when starting a New Game+ game:
- Items associated with main and side quests.
- Progress in main and side quests - you have to complete them again.
- All of the choices you've made during the previous playthrough - like, for instance, the type of outpost (military or science) you've set up on Eos.
- Andromeda and planet viabilities.
- Unlocked Cryo Pod perks.
- Codex entries.
- Companions and relationships with them - you have to push the story to the place in which you recruit them to be able to use them in party. Additionally, you will be able to romance different characters.
- The appearance of your character - you can customize it again and even change the gender of your character.
This mode will allow you to earn higher level (as you start with already developed character), as well as make different choices during crucial moments of the game.