How to unlock: Reach the outpost location on [Kadara].
This section contains a walkthrough for Settling Kadara, one of Heleus assignments (side quests) found in Mass Effect: Andromeda. The quest sees us establish an Initiative outpost on Kadara. Unfortunately, increasing the planet's viability means completing a number of assignments found all over the planet.
Unlocking the task
The task will be added to your journal once you've approached the planned location of the outpost. The area, shown on the screenshots above, is not far from a derelict building which was also a location of a transponder that was used in Hunting the Archon. Read the journal to learn the first requirements, with further ones right along the way. Keep in mind that most items of the list are entwined with a number of different quests taking place on Kadara, which means that the outpost will be operational once you've managed to complete most of the major assignments on the planet.
The list of requirements
1) Increase Kadara's viability level by 40% - this requirement is rather cosmetic in nature, as one of the quests from the list (Healing Kadara's Heart - number 11 on the list) increases the viability level by exactly 40%. Moreover, other quests also award certain bonuses to the viability level - simply proceed with the list, and the level of viability should exceed the required level.
2) Find clues regarding the murders committed by warring factions in Kadara Port - Complete A People Divided. For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of this guide.
3) Cooperate with Reyes - Complete Precious Cargo. You can find the section regarding the said quest on a different page of this chapter.
4) Access your e-mail account to respond to Reyes - The said email appears only after the completion of following side quests: A People Divided, Precious Cargo, Healing Kadara's Heart and Behind Enemy Lines. Once you've completed all of the following, return to the Tempest and read the e-mail from Reyes to begin a new side quest - Night on the Town.
5) Go to Sloane's party - this event is a part of Night of the Town (see above). For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of this guide.
6) Investigate the drug use in Kadara's slums - The event involves completing Modern Medicine, one of the side quests taking place on Kadara. You can find the section on the quest in a different page of this chapter. For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of this guide.
7) Help Dr. Ryota Nakamoto retrieve the medical formula - this event is a part of Modern Medicine. For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of the guide. The objective will be completed regardless of who had received the formula (Doctor Nakamoto or Doctor Farenth).
8) Ask the Outcast's leadership about Kadara's problems - this event is a part of Behind Enemy Lines, one of the side-quests taking place on Kadara. For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of the guide.
9) Help Kaetus with his kett problem - Complete Behind Enemy Lines. For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of this guide.
10) Meet with Sloane - a part of High Noon. For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of this chapter.
11) Talk with Sloane or Reyes - This requirement will be fulfilled once you've took part in a meeting which is a part of High Noon. The other party will differ depending on whom you had saved in the course of the quest.
11) Stabilize Kadara's atmosphere by resetting the vault - an event that is a part of Healing Kadara's Heart (activating the monoliths and exploring the Remnant vault). For more details, take a look at the corresponding section of this guide.
Once you've completed all of the requirements, return to the outpost's location and interact with the beacon to begin the colonization process.
Rewards: Experience Points (XP), Andromeda Viability Points.