Marvel's Spider-Man offers a slew of gadgets along with the ability to craft new suits. Just call up the game menu and go to the right tab. New crafting options will be unlocked along with the progress in the story - some suits have additional requirements, such as collecting all backpacks in the game.
In order to craft a suit or a gadget, you will need the required number of tokens. There are six types of tokens in Marvel's Spider-Man:
- Research Tokens. Start and complete the Research Station missions to obtain Research Tokens.
- Landmark Tokens. Photograph landmarks to obtain the Landmark Tokens.
- Base Tokens. Enter hostile bases and clear them of all enemy presence.
- Crime Tokens. Prevent crimes - every now and then, a shootout or some other crime will take place in the district. Help the police and you will be rewarded with Crime Tokens.
- Challenge Tokens. These tokens are unlocked quite late in the game - you have to complete the Taskmaster's quest, which will test your combat abilities, among others.
- Backpack Tokens. Find the backpacks hidden around the city - they contain details about Peter's past.
- To sum up - upgrading items and crafting new stuff requires you to complete side activities.