On this page of our game guide to Marvel's Spider-Man, you will find the walkthrough of the mission "Don't Touch The Art". Time for MJ's and Peter's first task as a duet - among other features, you will encounter the first stealth sequence in the game here.
You will start the mission in a ventilation shaft. Crawl forwards and go down the first hatch. You will land on some scaffolding, over the heads of a group of thugs. You can eliminate the criminals here quietly - then move on to the next hatch. Crawl further and pull another enemy into the shaft.
Jump down, sneak behind the enemy and stun him while remaining unnoticed. Go to the next ventilation shaft and jump down again. Shoot the web at a nearby box and pull the enemy in with your web. Overpower the other foe and approach the camera. You will watch a cutscene here, after which you will play as MJ.
As Mary Jane Watson, follow Rose Rosemann, who is showing you around a museum. Talk to the woman and photograph the consecutive exhibits. After some time, Rose will go to pick up the phone, revealing a mysterious statue. Pull out the camera and take a picture of this object. After the guide returns, go to the toilet with her and you will see a cutscene in which MJ is exposed.
It is time for a short stealth sequence. Go past the lion statue and stick to the shelves with alcohol on them. Wait for the woman to look in a different direction and move on.
Now, wait for the woman to look away and proceed to the cabinets on the right. Choose the right moment and go through the door.
The statue riddle
You will enter a room with a statue. Below you will find a solution to this short puzzle:
- Approach the picture on the wall with Kingpin and observe the look of the statue.
- Go to the desk and look at the leaflet on the left.
- Immediately pick up the notebook on the right and read the instructions.
- Approach the statue and press the following: the right arm (the one that is pointing down), the right hand, the mouth, the raised left arm and the head. You can find the correct setting of the statue in the picture above.
- Now approach the exhibition on the right, pick up the object shown in the picture above and place it in the palm of the statue.
- You have solved the puzzle and will regain control over Spider-Man again.
Returning to Spider-Man
MJ shares her story and you will return to your hero again. Enter the ventilation shaft and move further. You can quietly eliminate some of the enemies from here. In the end, however, you will be forced to face your foes in direct combat.
You will come across a new type of enemy - Demons, who wield an explosive weapon. These enemies deal high damage on hits, but it is fairly easy to counter them with gadgets and well-timed dodges.
After winning the fight, there is a long cutscene waiting for you, which includes an iconic surprise - a cameo by Stan Lee. Completing the mission will also grant you a reward of 2,750 XP.