Our guide to Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy from 2021 has a complete set of information about the Eidos Montreal's game. It will help you complete the main storyline, learn all the important choices, defeat all the bosses, as well as find all the secrets and collectibles. With our guide, you will complete GotG in 100%.
We have divided the walkthrough into several different sections. One of them is, of course, the regular walkthrough, in which you will find descriptions of the objectives, information on how to solve environmental puzzles and beat opponents. In a separate chapter, we described fights with the main bosses - these fights are much more complicated than the usual battles. Thanks to our advice, you will learn the behavior of the bosses and how to defeat them. A very important part of our walkthrough is the chapter dedicated to the important choices and their consequences - some of them are shown later in the game. Use our tips to help you make the best decisions and avoid embarrassing situations.
The next large chapter is dedicated to the secrets and collectibles. It contains information about the location and requirements to unlock all the secret items like costumes, Guardian Collectibles, and archives. We have divided the descriptions of the secrets according to the chapters in which they appear. The most important costumes for the Guardians of the Galaxy were described in a separate subsection.
The basics chapter will help you understand the most important gameplay mechanics. That chapter contains the beginner's guide as well numerous tips and information, e.g. about the combat, giving orders to other Guardians, the ship Milano, or the differences between difficulty levels and their modifiers. We have also included pages for the best abilities and the best perks, thanks to which you should be able to develop the main character more effectively.
The basic chapters are complemented primarily by a trophy guide where you will find detailed instructions on how to unlock achievements and get the platinum trophy. In addition, we have prepared individual pages for, e.g. the controls, system requirements, or information on how will it take to finish Guardians of the Galaxy.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Quick beginner's guide
- Carefully explore all newly visited locations. Many of them contain loot (e.g. components for crafting) or various secrets and collectibles. Guardians of the Galaxy is a linear game - you will not be able to return to the previous locations to collect the missing items.
- Use the active abilities of the heroes during the battles. At the start of the game, each of the Guardians has one unlocked ability. You can get new ones by spending development points to have an even greater variety of attacks. Using abilities is "free", but each of them has a cooldown.
- Specific skills of the Guardians unlock new passages. For example, Rocket can go through ventilation shafts, while Drax can break through weak walls. Using some of them is mandatory for advancing in the plot and solving puzzles, while others can help you reach various secret areas.
- Use the Vizor as often as possible - its use is unlimited. This gadget scans the surrounding area in an alternative vision mode. The interactive elements of the environment will be marked yellow objects.
- The game features minor and major choices. The latter is much more important as these choices can affect the further course of the game, the attitude of NPCs to the team, or the availability of some secrets. You have a limited time to make a decision. We have discussed all the important choices in detail in a separate chapter.
- Spend crafting components at workbenches. You can use them to buy the so-called perks - various stat bonuses that can, for example, increase the health bar or unlock charged shots. We have compiled the best perks on a separate page in the guide.
- Use the appropriate element shots to weaken enemies. Icons informing about enemies' weaknesses like ice can sometimes be displayed above the heads of some opponents. Using this knowledge and switching to the right elements will help you deal with opponents faster.
For more tips and tricks, check out the Beginner's guide.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Walkthrough
Our walkthrough of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy is split into chapters. Each of them is a larger part of the game, in which you can expect a lot of exploration, fighting, or solving puzzles.
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
- Chapter 16
Walkthrough in progress.
Guardians of the Galaxy: All important choices
In Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy, you often have to choose how you want to act from several available options. In addition to small decisions, you will also have to make very important choices affecting the course of subsequent missions or relationships between the characters. We have compiled them all in a separate chapter - you can find out in advance about their consequences.
- Basic information on choices and dialogues
- Chapter 2
- Chapters 3 and 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Choices - Chapter 8
- Choices - Chapter 9
- Choices - Chapter 10
- Choices - Chapter 12
- Choices - Chapter 14
- Choices - Chapter 15
- Choices - Chapter 16
The chapter dedicated to the choices is in progress.
Guardians of the Galaxy: All secrets and collectibles
Guardians of the Galaxy has almost 130 secrets and collectibles, including costumes, secret collectibles, and archives (documents). The descriptions of the collectibles are divided by chapters - you only have one chance to get them. In a separate subsection, we compiled unique costumes for the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Guardians of the Galaxy costumes
The secrets chapter is in progress.
Guardians of the Galaxy: All bosses
Besides the regular and elite opponents, you will also have to deal with main bosses. You will recognize them by very long health bars and unique names. These fights are described in the chapter dedicated to the bosses - you will learn when you have to fight them, their attacks and how to defeat them.
- Dweller in Darkness
- Blood Brothers
The bosses chapter is in progress.
Guardians of the Galaxy: FAQ
The FAQ chapter answers the most frequently asked questions related to the game by Eidos Montreal. They are related to various potentially problematic gameplay mechanics.
- Saving - how to save?
- Chapters - can you replay?
- Playable characters - can you change?
- Romances - are there any?
- Flying - is it possible?
- Health bar - how to increase?
- Passages - how to unlock?
- XP - how to earn?
Guardians of the Galaxy: Basics
In the Basics chapter, you will find a variety of tips and tricks for the basic elements of the game. We've also included tips on the best character builds as well as how to get new abilities and perks.
- Combat and commanding the team
- Difficulty levels
- Best abilities
- Best perks
- The ship Milano
Guardians of the Galaxy: Trophies and platinum
Guardians of the Galaxy has 58 achievements and 59 trophies - the extra one is the platinum trophy available on PS4 and PS5. In the Trophies/Achievements chapter, you will find our trophy guide, in which we described in great detail what requirements each achievement has and how to get 100% of them.
Guardians of the Galaxy: Game's length
Your first playthrough of Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy should take about 20 hours. The New Game Plus mode can increase your playing time - checking out different variants of important choices. You can also spend extra time searching for secrets and unlocking trophies. Complete information on how long GotG is can be found on the Game's length page.
Guardians of the Galaxy: PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz/AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.2 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- Graphics card: 3 GB GeForce GTX 1060/4 GB Radeon RX 570
- Disk space: 80 GB
These are the minimum system requirements of Guardians of the Galaxy for PC. Check out the System requirements page to learn the recommended and ultra requirements, included playing in 4K and having ray tracing enabled.
About Guardians of the Galaxy Guide
Author : Jacek "Stranger" Halas for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Eidos Montreal
- publisher: Square-Enix / Eidos
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, Switch, PS5, XSX
More About Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy
Game adaptation of blockbuster movies usually end up various flops. That's why the creators from Eidos went their own way and made Guardians of the Galaxy totally fresh. Their version appealed both to many players and Marvel itself. What's the secret?
The most exciting time for gamers begins! It is, of course, fall, which as usual will bring a rich set of new games to play! Depending where you live, chances are the weather is getting colder and rainier, so it's the perfect time for games.
Some questionable choices took away from the hype Square Enix games ought to bring to an E3 presentation.