This page of the Mafia Definitive Edition guide contains a walkthrough for the Alien Infiltration side mission available in the Free Ride mode. You will learn how to change the time of day to night, how to prepare for chasing a UFO, how to rescue the alien inhabitants of the city, and how to shoot down the flying saucer.
- Changing the time of day and preparing for the mission
- Finding the starting point
- Chasing UFO
- Shooting UFO
Changing the time of day and preparing for the mission
You can learn about this mission by finding Herbert Baskerville's letter in the Free Ride. The letter can be found on a round table in Salieri's office, on the bar's upper floor. This is the most difficult side mission in the game.
It can only be done at night. You can change the time of day during in Salieri's bar. Visit the conference room on the ground floor (the one where you had numerous meetings with Salieri and other gangsters during the story). There are paintings hanging on the wall of this room, and each one changes the time of day. Interact with the first picture from the right.
There should be a preview showing confirmation that the time is set to the night.
You should prepare well for this mission. Here is a recommended list of things you should do:
- Take a fast vehicle. It is also very important that it is a machine that is easy to drive and good at making turns, because you will have to, e.g. make many perpendicular turns and drive on serpentine roads. We used the Waybar motorcycle unlocked as a reward for completing the Mister Fancy Bike side mission. The only risk associated with this vehicle is that a more serious collision can throw you off the bike.
- Take two weapons. You'll need a pistol to shoot the UFO trying to hijack the city's inhabitants. A good main weapon (e.g. Tommy Gun or shotgun) will be useful in the battle in the final part of the mission.
- Consider lowering the difficulty to easy. The difficulty level for the pursuit of the UFO will be the same. However, it will be easier for you to survive the final battle and reduce the risk of dying and repeating the entire mission.
Finding the starting point
The mission starts in the tram depot shown in the above images, located in the western part of the Works Quarter. Park your vehicle as close to the phone booth as possible so you can start driving immediately after the mission begins.
When the challenge begins, a flying saucer will appear over Tommy. Your job is to save the inhabitants from being kidnapped by aliens. The first hijacking will happen shortly after the mission begins. You must save the inhabitant before the UFO kidnaps that person. Otherwise, you will fail the mission.
To stop the kidnapping, take out the pistol and shoot at the flying saucer. One hit is enough, but you have to be close enough for the bullet to hit the target. However, don't get too close to the flying saucer, as you may have trouble aiming at it without getting off the bike or getting out of the car. This can make it difficult for you to continue the mission because after you hit the UFO, you will have to get back on your motorcycle or in your car – this can cost you precious seconds.
When you hit it, the saucer will start to move. You need to know two important things here:
- The saucer is not marked on the mini-map.
- You don't have to stay close to the UFO when you follow it. The flight path of the UFOs is always the same, and the locations of subsequent hijackings do not change. You can immediately head to the place of the second kidnapping – we have shown it below. Mark them on the map and follow only the directions about the route that appears on the mini-map.
The second kidnapping will happen in the Central Island district. An example of the route is shown on the map above.
The most important part of the road to the Central Island district is a partially raised drawbridge. Try to drive as fast as possible to jump over the bridge. Fortunately, you shouldn't fall off your bike even if you make a very long jump.
The third kidnapping takes place in Downtown. Again, you can use the suggested route from the image above.
This ride can be very confusing if you choose to follow the flying saucer and having it in your view at all times. The UFO flies over the East River – Tommy has to use the south Marshall Bridge.
The fourth kidnapping takes place in the Beech Hill district. We have drawn the recommended path on the map.
You need to remember two things:
- Go north first and then turn east. The idea is to choose the upper road running past Oakwood instead of the lower road leading to Holbrook.
- Take the winding road to Beech Hill to get there as quickly as possible. It can be easily overcome with the motorcycle recommended by us, but you may have some problems here if you choose a car that is difficult to control. Fortunately, you should have more time to reach your destination than you did with the previous hijacking in Downtown.
Now you have to ride quickly to the lighthouse. You don't have to rush as much as you did with the kidnappings. Soon, however, you will learn that you have 8 minutes to complete the mission.
You have to ride the serpentines again, only this time on the southern side. Don't cut turns, especially when riding a motorcycle – you can fall easily and consequently lose more time.
When you approach the lighthouse, you will have to fight gangsters with headgear resembling aliens. This battle doesn't stand out in any particular way, but remember that:
- Don't waste too much time playing carefully. Hiding behind covers is still advisable, but try to reduce the distance between you and enemies.
- Don't get shoot from a shotgun. They inflict the most damage – this is the easiest way to die. This means you would have to repeat the entire mission.
- Avoid explosives thrown by enemies. Quickly change the coverif necessary.
- Use the first aid station next to the lighthouse.
There's a generator near the lighthouse. Aim at the red barrels to destroy it.
Lastly, shoot the flying saucer with any weapon.
The UFO should crash next to the lighthouse. Watch a funny cut-scene starring "men in black".
For completing this side mission, you will an alien outfit.