In chapter two, you will encounter many interactive items and many exchanges between the brothers. The choices you make will influence the character of young Daniel. We mean the promises and theft opportunities.
The second chapter begins on the road behind the city. You play as Sean, accompanied by his brother, Daniel. After a short exchange, you will reach an abandoned car, where Daniel will find a Choc-o-Crisp.
The choice is:
- Steal it ("Let's take this one"),
- promise to buy one later ("I promise").
This may seem trivial, but this decision has a significant impact later on. Should you steal the bar (or something from the store later on) you will see a scene, in which Daniel brings a stolen item and shows it to Sean (a figure in a scene in the motel later on); the case with promises is similar - if you don't keep them, Daniel also won't keep his word.
A few meters further, you can see a toilet. You can encourage Daniel to go in now. If you don't do it, he will only go to take a wee when you're at the bonfire.
The path further goes through the woods. Side interactions and dialogues don't matter all the way until the crossroads. Go to the right (on the left, you will find only a bench and a few interactive spots). After taking the path down from the hill, you will set a camp on the beach, under a boulder.
Start preparations by collecting three logs. Only if you have three pieces of wood in your arms can you throw them into the fire in the base. Don't start the fire just yet. You have some time to look around:
- Go down towards Daniel and talk to him; you can teach him to skim stones. He will only manage to do it the fourth time: he will give you a small gift - The Perfect Pebble.
- Sit on the stone near the river (1) in order to make the second sketch.
- Walk along the beach, you should see a bra hanging on a stick. In the bushes behind, you will find the first secret - an odd thing. It will turn out to be a fish bait (2).
After the interaction is over, go back to the camp and start the fire. Talking to your brother, you will wait for the day to end. After completing all the interactions in the camp, point towards your brother and propose going to sleep.
After the night, go towards the petrol station. Outside, you can:
- Ask the family at the table for some food - they won't give you anything, unless you ask Daniel to ask instead - he will bring a pack of chips.
- Take some water into the bottle from the tap in the restroom. You can find the entrance near the family's table.
- Go behind the building and find a pile of wood - move the box and pick up the bird's feather - one of the collectibles.
Then, just enter the building. To the right, at the window, you will find two free stickers (2). They're the next collectible. There's one more at the counter: key ring with a bear (1).
During the visit in the store:
- Take the free map that's near the counter;
- Buy or steal some food (stealing isn't recommended as it spoils Daniel and encourages him to steal later on) - you can steal the items when the shopkeeper isn't looking, or as Daniel to distract her. Shopping/stealing is entirely optional. The goal is to get water, and this you can get for free in the restroom.
- Optionally, if you promised Daniel to buy him a Choc-o-crisp bar, you should do it.
- You can use the arcade machine in the corner of the room, from which you can get a Power Bear statue - you should allow Daniel to do it. He will get lucky the third time (each game costs $1!)
- Note - shopping isn't advisable. The food will disappear from your inventory soon anyway. Only the sleeping bag will remain in the inventory.
You can also order two hot-dogs (6$), talk to the man at the computer, or check out the puppy at the counter.
After the conversation, you can ask her for the bill. If the amount seems too big, or you don't have the money, you can get remove the goods from the basket. Once you decide you're finished with the store, go outside. You can search the trash bin at the table to pick up a gnawed apple.
In order to proceed, sit at the table and study the map. Note that this will take you to the next stage of the story. Select a point on the map: the petrol station on the left, marked with a red icon. Once you're accosted by a man, you will be able to choose what to do: attack, flee or discuss. Each choice leads to the same ending and outcomes.
Fleeing the office
You will be locked in an office in the petrol station. Look at the computer (1) and interact with it. New interaction will appear: toppling a cardboard tube (2). This will let in some light into the room. Now, you can push the sign on your right to make way. That's when you will hear Daniel - look at the air vent.
Then do the following:
- Ask Daniel to open the vent;
- Direct him towards the window to get some more light;
- Make Daniel check the back door;
- Now, you can look at the keys hanging at the door.
- Try to damage the handle on the vent (Tear);
- Ask Daniel for any tool that could let you destroy the handle;
- Go towards the keys after doing it and push the sofa.
After escaping, you have to decide: steal the gear or not. If you do, then:
- You will also have to attack the kidnapper - otherwise you won't get anything;
- You will obtain blouse for Daniel and a tent;
- You have to remember that both actions will negatively impact Daniel's fragile psyche.
The remaining part of this chapter is just a longer cut-scene. It all happens automatically, until reaching the motel with Brody.