Main character you control with mouse cursor. You change the type of cursor depending on your action. You have few available actions:
- Go - you click it to go in selected place; you click it on e.g. door or border of the screen to go to next location; you use it when you what to leave payphone, slot machine, person that you're talking with etc.
- See - you can watch things and listen to interesting or funny comment about it.
- Use / take - one of the most frequently used actions; you take things (to your inventory), you use things (e.g. elevator); also you use things in inventory e.g. to turn things upside down.
- Talk to - you use it on a person you want to talk with.
- Taste - you don't have to use it at all but sometimes comments of narrator are very funny.
- Unzip - you can use it in few situation e.g. on a hooker at the second floor in the bar (but here you can also select use).
- Use a thing - it's very important action; first you select object from inventory, then you close inventory and use this object somewhere in Larry's surroundings.
- Inventory - here you keep all found items.
To choose action icon there is a few ways:
1) go with cursor to the top of the screen and you will see menu;
2) hold down left mouse button and you will see menu with all actions (see image above);
3) use mouse scroll (up and down);
4) by clicking right mouse button.
Game controls initially may seem like a pretty tough - but only in the beginning. You just have to often change action icon depending on the situation in the game.
In inventory you also have few actions: see and use you already know. Select white arrow when you want to use one of the objects in Larry's surroundings e.g. click on white arrow, click with white arrow on a key, click ok to close inventory, next use the key on a door to open it.
In Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded sometimes you can stick with bug. E.g. in buffet you should be able to collect a samples of sauces (information "Congratulations! You found a sample of..."), but unfortunately you can read "The fixture is not part of the free buffet.". Then the best way is to quit game, start it again and load last save game. So that's why it's important to often save game (!) on separate slots.
In game you can visit five locations. To go from one to another you have to take a taxi or on you foot (when places are next to). List of locations:
- Lefty's bar,
- Cone-n-go shop,
- Club 69,
- Caesar's Phallus hotel,
- Weddin' Ready chapel.
To call a taxi go outside from the building and use a phone booth with taxi caption. When taxi arrives click on it use or go. Next select on the map destination place. When you reach it open inventory, select wallet, close inventory, click with the wallet on taxi driver to pay him.