On this page of our LEGO Skywalker Saga guide, you can find a walkthrough for the first mission from Episode 9 (The Rise of Skywalker) The mission in question is called A Skip and A Jump. Thanks to our walkthrough, you'll learn how to avoid damaging the controlled ship, how to destroy TIE fighters, and how to perform lightspeed jumps correctly.
Note - The walkthrough assumes you're playing through episode 9 in Story Mode. It doesn't include secrets or collectibles described on separate pages of the guide. We suggest completing the Story Mode of every episode first before replaying them in Free Play.
A Skip and a Jump - challenges
There are 3 challenges appearing in this level:
- Lock Off - you cannot get locked on more than three times in a row An exemplary lock-on is shown in the screenshot. To interrupt the lock-on process, perform a barrel roll.
- . Here Comes the BOOM! - destroy 3 opponents using photon torpedoes or rockets. he only difficulty this challenge presents is that you need to wait for an enemy lock-on to end. Only then you should launch a torpedo.
- Poe-etic Flying - you need to activate the lightspeed drive at the right moment of each light speed jump. This challenge takes place in the final part of the mission. You need to complete all QTEs flawlessly i.e. press the buttons that appear on the screen fast enough.
A Skip and a Jump - walkthrough
After starting Episode 9 and watching the introductory cut-scenes, you will immediately begin this mission where you follow a fixed route. There are two main threats here:
- Avoiding being locked on by enemy ships - to interrupt the lock-on you can perform barrel rolls.
- Avoiding obstacles along the flight route - interestingly enough, avoiding them is not the only way of proceeding, as you can fire at the obstacles to destroy them.
In order to complete the first objective of the mission, you have to destroy 10 TIE fighters . Wait for them to fly in front of you and use standard ammo or torpedoes (lock-on required)
The flight path branches out at several points and the choice of the tunnel does not matter. Ultimately, you receive an order to destroy the crane and you just need to start firing at it from a greater distance.
The final part of the stage requires you to complete your escape by making hyperspace jumps . In this part of the mission, you do not control the ship directly. You just have to press the buttons appearing on the screen.. This will allow you to perform further hyperspace jumps. The mission concludes after performing the final jump.