This page of the guide to LEGO Skywalker Saga contains the fourth part of the walkthrough for episode 6 (Return of the Jedi). It covers The Chewbacca Defence level along with the preparations to it. You will learn i.a. how to start the battle of Endor, how to use gadgets of the Scavenger class and how to destroy all enemy AT-ST machines.
- Battle of Endor
- The Chewbacca Defence - challenges
- The Chewbacca Defence - the initial route through the forest
- The Chewbacca Defence - left path
- The Chewbacca Defence - right path
- The Chewbacca Defense - battle with AT-ST
Battle of Endor
When you complete the Speeder Bike sequence in the previous mission, you will arrive at the Ewok Village for the first time. You must go through the village to the place where you'll meet Wicket. Entering the blue circle will allow you to start The Chewbacca Defence.
The Chewbacca Defence - challenges
This level features 3 challenges:
- Ewok and Roll - You have to shoot loose stones with AT-ST to defeat the stormtroopers. You'll be able to complete the challenge at the end of the mission, after taking control of an AT-ST. Shoot the stones behind the trees on the right - they are marked in the picture above.
- Helmet Drum Collection - You need to hit the stormtroopers in the head 3 times during the first part of the fight when you'll shoot from behind cover. It's best to play as Chewbacca and use his ranged weapons. You shouldn't have any problems with that.
- Sweep the Legs - You need to activate the trap from the tree branch to destroy the AT-ST. To do this, you have to choose the right path after reaching the fork (we have described it in the walkthrough). This will allow you to reach the area shown in picture 1 with the roaming AT-ST. After defeating the closest enemies, craft a stationary turret. Use it to shoot the trap on the right shown in picture 2. You will see a cutscene in which a wooden log will drop and hit the AT-ST, knocking it over.
The Chewbacca Defence - the initial route through the forest
The playable characters in this mission are Chewbacca and Wicket, who represent the Scavenger class - their unique features are described in more detail on a separate page Scavenger - how to choose gadgets?. If you need to, read up on how to use various gadgets.
Soon after the mission starts, you will come across a cracked wall. Playing as Wicket, craft a Demolition Blaster and use it to destroy the wall.
You will now start fighting stormtroopers; you can use covers or rely on more aggressive tactics. The enemy also has a stationary turret at the rear. It is best to approach it from the side to shoot the operator. After a while, you should see a short cutscene that will show a "flying" Ewok destroying the turret.
You can use the blocks nearby for crafting. You can create 2 different objects which will have an impact on choosing the left or right path. We have described both variants in the following sections of the walkthrough.
The Chewbacca Defence - left path
To choose the path on the left, you need to construct the object on the left - Wooden Hammer. Use the hammer to destroy the barricade to the left. Build a ladder in the same spot.
In the next location, while playing as Chewbacca, you can hit the weak point and eliminate the stormtroopers in the camp more easily. Move on to where they were, locate the bouncing bricks nearby and use them to build the missing fragment of the elevator. Enter the elevator and ride up.
Wicket must do his part on the upper balconies. Craft a net launcher and use it at the location shown in the picture. You can grab onto the hanging nets and use them to reach the top.
Push the heavy object off the platform, and you will gain access to the place where you can hang more nets.
Build a Glider on the top ledge. You have to glide towards the lower ledge visible in the distance (picture above). There is a lever that you have to pull.
The area below is patrolled by an AT-ST which you must destroy. It is a simple task. You will not attack the enemy machine by yourself. Instead, you have to free the Ewoks from 2 cages marked in the picture above - just shoot both cages to destroy them. The freed allies will activate traps that will destroy the AT-ST.
Go towards the inactive AT-STs to proceed to the final part of the mission (discussed it in the last section of this chapter, under the description of the right path).
The Chewbacca Defence - right path
To choose the right path, you need to craft the object on the right - Ewok Horn. It will be automatically used to unlock the passage.
Your task is to destroy the AT-ST patrolling the area. Follow the machine and try to deal with regular stormtroopers as you go. Watch out for the enemies that use heavy equipment and the enemy at the stationary turret. Use covers if necessary.
Ultimately, the stationary turret will be destroyed, but you have to rebuild it by reaching the bouncing bricks. Enter the turret and shoot the wooden logs on the right (picture above). They will drop on the AT-ST, which will be destroyed, and you will unlock the Sweep the Legs challenge.
Choose Wicket and craft a Net Launcher. Look around to locate the location visible in the picture - you will be able to hang the first net here and get to the ledge above.
In the next location, destroy the objects nearby to find a source of energy and place it in the appropriate slot. The heroes also have to pull the levers and unlock a large passage.
In the next location, use the net launcher again and then grab onto the protruding ledge. You will reach the shelf shown in the picture. Wicket has to construct a Glider here to glide towards the inactive AT-STs and take control over them.
The Chewbacca Defense - battle with AT-ST
You will start the final part of the stage regardless of the path you choose, because both the left and right paths will allow you to take control of the AT-ST. Use the AT-ST to fire at and destroy other machines. You can also eliminate stormtroopers (this is a chance to unlock the Ewok and Roll challenge).
Eliminating all AT-STs will start a cutscene that will end this level.