Legends of Runeterra is an online digital collectible card game developed by Riot Games studio. The action of the game takes place in the title continent of Runeterra, which is a land set in the world of League of Legends. Legends of Runeterra is distributed in a free-to-play model, so you can play it completely for free. However, the game has a micropayments system.
This game guide to the open beta of Legends of Runeterra discusses the most important features of the game and provides information on all rules of the gameplay. The first chapter of this guide explains in detail the basic mechanics of gameplay, such as the user interface, mana system, blocking system, rounds and turns system, events & actions sequence, card collection, building decks, drafting decks and account progression system. The next chapter of our guide to Legends of Runeterra contains information about the most important gameplay modes - Standard and Expedition mode. In the penultimate chapter of the Legends of Runeterra game guide, we discuss all aspects associated with cards, such as: rarity of cards, types of spells and all possible keywords. In the last chapter of our guide, you have the opportunity to learn more about all Regions available in the game and their main mechanics.
This game guide to Legends of Runeterra contains the following sections:
- General tips
- Description of basic mechanics
- Description of mana system
- Description of blocking system
- Description of events and actions
- Description of rounds and turns system
- Description of Mulligan (exchange of cards)
- Detailed description of the Standard mode (ranked games)
- Detailed description of the Expedition mode
- Description of the account progression system
- Information about types of cards and attributes
- Information about types of spells
- Description of all keywords
- Description of Regions
FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
We answer all intriguing questions regarding Legends of Runeterra - whether Legends of Runeterra can be played for free, what is included in the starter package or how to get Wild Cards. This is a small compendium of knowledge about in-game content and game's updates.
Can you play Legends of Runeterra for free?
Yes, the Legends of Runeterra is a free game, but it has a micropayment system. Fortunately, unlike other popular card games, the Legends of Runeterra allows you to quickly collect a lot of cards without spending a single penny. There are many additional rewards in the game, such as capsules and chests, which contain additional cards, Shards, Wild Cards, and many other surprises.
What is included in the Legends of Runeterra starter pack and is it worth buying it?
The Legends of Runeterra starter pack is available for $5 and includes 11 cards from each region. Among those 11 cards you'll find:
- 6 Common cards.
- 4 Rare cards.
- 1 Epic card.
Considering the cost you would have to pay for all these cards, the low price is rather encouraging. If you're thinking about playing Legends of Runeterra in a serious way, then buying this pack will allow you to assemble a decent deck right from the start.
How can I get Wild Cards in Legends of Runeterra?
Wild Cards can be acquired as you advance in the game - they are one of the top rewards assigned to a particular Region. Also, Wild Cards can be purchased in the LoR in-game store for coins (in-game currency that can be purchased for real money). We present the cost of various types of Wild Cards below:
- 400 coins for a Hero's Wild Card.
- 150 coins for an Epic Wild Card.
- 40 coins for a Rare Wild Card.
- 15 coins for a Common Wild Card.
What can be found in chests and capsules in Legends of Runeterra?
Chests and capsules are the main rewards that can be won during the gameplay in the Legends of Runeterra. They are obtained for gaining experience and unlocking rewards in specific Regions. Inside the chests and capsules you can find the following rewards:
- Hero Cards.
- Wild Cards.
What can you get from the Weekly Vaults in the Legends of Runeterra?
The vault is an additional way to win fantastic rewards. Throughout the week, players gain experience in a regular LoR matches and increase the Vault's level. There are 13 Vault levels of which the 1st is the lowest one and 13th is the highest one. Depending on the level of the Vault, you can earn the following rewards:
- Level 1: 3 brown chests
- Level 2: 1000 experience points, 2 brown chests, 1 silver chest
- Level 3: 2000 experience points, 1 brown chests, 2 silver chests
- Level 4: 3000 experience points, 1 brown chest, 1 silver chest, 1 gold chest
- Level 5: 4000 experience points, 2 silver chests, 1 gold chest
- Level 6: 5000 experience points, 1 silver chest, 2 gold chests
- Level 7: 7000 experience points, 3 gold chests
- Level 8: 9000 experience points, 2 gold chests, 1 platinum chest
- Level 9: 11000 experience points, 1 gold chest, 2 platinum chests
- Level 10: 13000 experience points, 3 platinum chests, expedition token
- Level 11: 17000 experience points, 2 platinum chests, 1 diamond chest, expedition token
- Level 12: 21000 experience points, 1 platinum chest, 2 diamond chests, expedition token
- Level 13: 25000 experience points, 3 diamond chests, expedition token
What are the system requirements of Legends of Runeterra?
The Legends of Runeterra is not very demanding title (especially on the lowest details), therefore owners of slightly older computer equipment will be able to play the game smoothly. The minimum system requirements of Legends of Runeterra:
- Operating system: Windows 7/8.1/10 64-bit
- Processor: Dual Core 3.0 GHz
- Video card: Nvidia GeForce 9800 or better
- RAM: 4 GB
About Legends of Runeterra Guide
Author : Michal "kwisc" Chwistek for gamepressure.com
Translator : Filip "Mithgandir" Liebert
last update : January 30, 2020
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Legends of Runeterra Video Game
- genre: Logic
- developer: Riot Games
- publisher: Riot Games
- platform: PC, AND, iOS