This chapter will help you get the Robber Baron achievement in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. This achievement is linked to certain side quests from the game. You can only trigger these missions after getting far enough in the main plot. All the steps required to obtaining the achievement can be found below.
- Step 1. Finishing the main quest - The Prey
- Step 2 - Unlock and finish the - Next to Godliness side quest
- Step 3 - Unlocking and finishing the - Clothes Make the Man and Robber Baron side quests
Step 1. Finishing the main quest - The Prey
The Prey main quest is one of the first main quests in the game. You will have to save Lord Capon after his abducted by the Cumans during a hunt.
Step 2 - Unlock and finish the - Next to Godliness side quest
The Next to Godliness side quest is unlocked at the end of The Prey main quest. Meet Hans Capon again. You can find him in lower castle in Rattay (right next to the refugees camp. He will offer Henry a visit in the bathhouse - you have to accept the invitation.
Meet Capon in the bathhouse and play dice
Meet Capon in the bathhouse around 20:00. Find Capon and talk to him.
He will offer a game of dice. There will be three rounds. If you can manage to win with the girl (a guide to playing dice can be found in another chapter of this guide) then you'll see an additional cut-scene, and she will give you a Strip Die. Regardless of the outcome, the quest will proceed the same way.
Talk to Capon and place your clothing in the chest. The next whim of the nobleman will be wine. Before getting out of the bath, take a look inside the chest and pick up Sir Hans Capon's keys. Go towards the rathaus in Rattay. You have to get down to the basement, through the armor store, and reach the doors shown above. You can do two things:
- Sneak in to the cellar - break the difficult lock or open with Hans' key.
- Talk to the guard - either persuade him (he has only 2 points), or bribe him.
In the cellar, take the Pitcher for wine, and then go to one of the barrels and extract some Sylvan red wine. Go back to Capon.
Get some flowers
Another thing you'll have to do is get some flowers. Go to the upper castle in Rattay. After reaching the place, look for a path (on the right) leading to the back of the castle. You will reach a garden (above). Complete a bouquet. You need one rose.
Fighting Archibald and finishing the quest
The game will begin a cut-scene and you will instantly have to fight Archibald. It's not a difficult fight, but don't let him box you into a corner - it's a small room.
Henry will regain consciousness the next day. Find Capon in the city (advise him on punishing Archibald). You will receive a few groschen and the quest will end.
Step 3 - Unlocking and finishing the - Clothes Make the Man and Robber Baron side quests
Follow the hints to finish your quest.
Getting new clothes
Both these quests happen nearly simultaneously. After finishing the previous quest, Next to Godliness, find Capon again in Rattay. Depending on the time of the day, you can find him in the lower castle, or in the inn marked on the screen above (he should be sitting outside).
Capon will tell you that he's planning to meet Hanush, but you will be asked to put some new clothes on (new quest: Clothes make the man). Go to the lower castle, reach Capon's room and take all the clothes out the chest. You don't really have to wear them, but Capon will be pleased if you do. Go meet Hanush, hence beginning the Robber Baron quest.
Find Wolflins camp
Hanush will give you the mission of stopping a certain robber nobleman. Meet Captain Bernard in the courtyard and set out for a lengthy journey. They journey will end as you reach a camp in the forest (the same one that you have during The Prey quest). Talk to Bernard again.
Henry's task is to find the camp of Wolflin and his men. You can look in two locations:
- The northern point is a farm near the road. Talk to the lady there. You can use special dialogue options: persuade (13 points) or impress her (11 points), and you will learn that she indeed knows the way to the camp. You can ask her to take you there.
- The southern camp is a farm at the edge of the forest. Talk to the lady there. Her husband is wounded. If you bring her 3 bondages, you may fulfill a side objective. You can also follow a blood trail that will lead you to the camp (see the screen above) - they run along the narrow path towards north through the forest.
Completing either of the two allows you to skip the other.
The location of Wolflin's camp is marked above. Don't get too close. Instead, go back to your own camp right away and report to Bernard (there are 12 people there - tell him that you've spotted around 10 enemies).
Now, you can make a decision:
Variant 1 - Attack the camp at once
Choose this way and attack. The action will instantly switch to the camp. After the attack begins, act as usual in other battles: search for an occasion to finish enemies and safely deal damage. Attack from the back or from sides. You could use a good helmet too. Watch for archers and prioritize them.
After the battle ends, you can loot the place. Talk to Bernard.
Variant 2 - try to negotiate
This variant requires you to talk to Bernard and convince him to try and resolve the matter peacefully (second dialogue option). You will have to use persuasion (11 points) or impress him (12 points). If you're successful, you will get Oleshnitz waffenrock. Wear it and take all your weapons out of active slots - come unarmed.
Note - remember you can use the Bard's Potion to increase your speech. You might need it when talking to Wolflin.
Go to Wolflin's camp. You will be stopped by a bandit, who will take you to his leader. You have two ways to proceed:
- Trying to convince Wolflin to leave the area (options 1-3) - regardless of your choice, you will have to pass a persuasion test (Wolflin has 14 points) or impress him (which will be difficult, because he has 16 points). Even if you can manage to pass the test, you will have to fight the battle anyway.
- Challenge Wolflin to a duel (fourth option) - quickly open the inventory and put on some weapons. Wolflin is a great swordsman, so try to rely on perfect blocks and attack when he's exposed. Make sure you don't hit anyone besides your opponent! After killing him, go back to Bernard. He will be angry that you've done it without his permission.
Go back to Sir Hanush
Regardless of what you have done, go back to Rattay and meet sir Hanush. He will be pleased with your news - no matter if you had to fight the battle or not. He will give you the Magdeburg Cuirass, a very valuable item. The game should award you the achievement right there.