Rathaus is one of the most important places in Rattay. This place is visited during various main and side quests. However, visiting it can be problematic because the rathaus' doors are often closed which is caused by errors in world construction. Below you can find a few tips that will help you deal with this problem.
- In general, the rathaus should be opened during a day. Visit this place between 10:00-19:00 before you take a look at the more complex steps. See if you can enter the building and meet with the NPCs that are inside.
- One of the entrances that should be unlocked during the rathaus' working hours is the door presented in the picture above. You can find it on the right side of the yard, near the stairs. Proceed through them and go up the stairs to reach the upper floor. Then, reach the public room where you can find the scribe and the Bailiff (unless he walks around the town). That door can be locked. Don't try to open it with a lockpick. Instead, speed up the time or find another entrance to the building.
- You can also get inside by using the aforementioned stairs on the yard. They allow you to reach the upper balconies. Keep going until you reach the first door. Open it and reach the second door presented in the picture.
- This door can also be either opened or locked with a key. If they are locked then you can try to open them with a lockpick (the door is locked with a hard level lock). After that you can enter the rathaus' public room.
- Another method requires you to steal from one of the NPCs in the town. You can try to pickpocket the Bailiff (after he exits the rathaus) or one of the guards. There is a chance that you can steal the key for all of the most important doors in the rathaus.
- Waiting for one of the guards to enter the building is a much safer solution - the picture above shows an example. You can use this opportunity to go through a door before it gets closed.
- Additional note - The rathaus has many places where only authorized people can enter. You can sneak inside them and open various chests and wardrobes. Inside many of them you can find Groschen or valuable pieces of clothes that you can wear or sell to a black marketeer. Stealing from the rathaus can be especially useful during your first few hours with the game where Henry doesn't have a lot of gold.