Kingdom Come: Deliverance allows you to buy new horses with better stats. However, these stats can also be further increased by, e.g. increasing your Horsemanship ability, unlocking perks connected to that skill or getting pieces of armor and other equipment usable only by a horse. This chapter focuses on the last option.
- Where can I get new equipment for my horse in Kingdom Come?
- Where can I find a horse head armor in Kingdom Come?
Where can I get new equipment for my horse in Kingdom Come?
New horse equipment can be bought from selected traders. The best way to get it is to visit any of the stables - they are located in Neuhof, Uzhitz and Merhojed.
- Caparison - Their primary role is visual but they also offer a slight increase in defense. They are rather cheap and they usually cost 30-80 Groschen.
- Bridle - They offer a better control over a horse. Sadly, a high-quality bridle can cost a lot.
- Saddle - They differ mainly in capacity (how much items you can "cram" into your horse's inventory). Invest in a better saddle if you are planning on putting every newly found item into your horse's inventory. A good saddle can cost you several hundreds of Groschen.
- Horseshoes - Higher quality horseshoes can make your horse gallop faster. Sadly, even the lower quality horseshoes are rather pricey which means that you will have to gather a lot of money before you buy the best ones.
Note - Place the newly bought horse equipment into its equipment first. After that you have to open the window where you can see your mount. There, you can place the pieces of armor into the corresponding slots.
Where can I find a horse head armor in Kingdom Come?
- Besides the elements of equipment mentioned above you can also get pieces of armor for your horse.
- Pieces of armor that can be placed in the "Head protection" section aren't offered by any of the traders. However, you can find them while exploring the world which means that you can get them for free.
- Head to the location marked in the picture. That place is a small cliff that is adjacent to the forest and to Ledetchko village located in the center of the map.
One of these pieces of horse armor can be found in a nest that, at a first glance, seems to be inaccessible. This nest can be easily spotted by reaching the treasure from the north and stopping right before the cliff's edge - the picture above shows this place.
- There are two main ways of reaching that nest. The first method is less risky but more problematic. The starting point of your climb is located near the path that runs along the river.
- The second method is riskier but much faster. You have to CAREFULY jump down from one ledge to another. Start a little bit to the west (an example is presented in the picture) and use a Saviour Schnapps BEFORE you jump down for the first time.
Regardless of path you chose, you finally reach the big nest with a dead horse presented in the picture. Search the horse's corpse and take out Chanfron and criniere. Besides that, the nest also contains a little bit of Groschen and a high-quality bridle