Pebbles, the horse that you receive after completing one of the main quests, has rather low stats. This horse can't gallop fast enough, has a limited carrying capacity and can be easily scared off if, e.g. Henry suddenly comes across a group of bandits. However, the game allows you to get a better mount. Below you can find information that can teach you how to get them as well as a list of suggested horses.
- Where can I buy a new horse in Kingdom Come?
- To what should I pay attention to when I am buying a horse in Kingdom Come?
Where can I buy a new horse in Kingdom Come?
You can get a new horse by stealing it. However, you can also decide to visit a stable and speak with a horse trader if you don't want to have problems with law and you don't want to lower your reputation. Stables are located in Neuhof, Uzhitz and Merhojed.
- After reaching a stable you can head to a horse trader immediately or you can decide to walk around that place and examine the horses that you can find there. After interacting with any of them you will be able to check their stats and compare them with your current mount. Talk to a horse merchant and choose a horse that you want to buy.
- Note - Horses are expansive so it is better to haggle a bit first. A newly acquired mount replaces your previous horse. All of the items and equipment elements that were inside of its bag are also transported into the bags of your new animal.
To what should I pay attention to when I am buying a horse in Kingdom Come?
In Kingdom Come: Deliverance horses have four main stats - Speed, Capacity (their weight limit that is separate from Henry's), Courage (horses that are easier to scare off can shake Henry off of their back) and Stamina (longer gallop). You should "replace" your horse only once throughout the game and decide to pick up one of the most expensive horses from the fifth tier. However, you should prepare yourself to spend about 2000 Groschen. You can choose from:
- Al-Buraq from the stable in Neuhof - this horse has 39 Speed, 252 Capacity, 15 Courage and 410 Stamina.
- Kanthaka from the stable in Uzhitz - this horse has 40 Speed, 196 Capacity, 20 Courage and 410 Stamina.
- Jenda from the stable in Merhojed - this horse has 41 Speed, 268 Capacity, 17 Courage and 450 Stamina