Kingdom Come: Deliverance in version 1.2 on PS4 has a serious issue that might won't let you save your progress. This problem shouldn't affect the PC and Xbox One versions. Below you can find information about this problem and a solution to it.
- Why the saving option does not work in the PS4 version?
- How to solve the problem with Kingdom Come's saves on PS4?
Why the saving option does not work in the PS4 version?
The problem with saves on PlayStation 4 is caused by the fact that each of the games on this console has a limited space for saves that can't be exceeded. Most of the games with a lot of saves inform players that they are about to meet that limit or that they are close to reaching it. Sadly, Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't inform players in any form and it blocks the ability to create new saves.
How to solve the problem with Kingdom Come's saves on PS4?
You can solve this problem by yourself, you don't have to wait for the game to get another update that should fix it.
- Go back to the main menu or stop the game so you can see the pause menu.
- Select the option to load a save but don't load any saves.
- Go to the bottom of the list to reach the oldest saves. Delete at least a few of them.
- Try to create a new save. The deleted saves should make space for new ones.
Note - Read the descriptions of the old saves carefully (their title usually consists of a name of an active quest and its last checkpoint) to avoid situations where you delete an important save by accident, e.g. a manual save that you made before making an important decision. You can also move all saves on an external USB drive before you start deleting them from your console.