- You begin your adventure without a bow, but that doesn't mean you cannot carry a decent ranged weapon in the initial stages of the game. Below you can find some tips on how to acquire a bow without spending money at a merchant.
- The best opportunity to gain a bow appears during Run! - the main quest which takes place in Talmberg castle. One of the castle's towers contains a chest with armor elements. The same location also contains a bow (Villager's Ash Bow), shown in the screenshot above.
- The tower itself is a restricted area, but you can simply sneak up to the tower, as there aren't any guards patrolling around.
- The Talmberg bow can be simply exchanged for a better one during the next part of the main quest (Train Hard, Fight Easy in Rattay). The main hero will be challenged by Hans Capon to take part in a bow and arrow tournament.
- To defeat him, you need to score better than Capon (most of the time, Hans gains 5 up to 8 points) and defeat him in melee combat on a training arena.
- If you manage to win both encounters, Hans Capon will give you his bow (Capon's Hunting Bow). The weapon requires 5 strength and agility, so make sure you increase both of these attributes.
- You can gain even better bows through theft. In this case, your task will be to steal from Hunter Nicholas who has a hut on a hill in the southern part of Talmberg - the area is shown in first screenshot. Wait for the night to come and sneak to the upper part of the hut. You'll encounter two locked chests, both with low security. One of the chests contains items that are sold by the vendor by day, including various bows (as seen in second screenshot), but make sure you have the necessary attributes to use them.
Note - The bow chest also contains a book on hunting and one of the treasure maps.