This page contains the description of Merciful trophy available in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. You can unlock this trophy by completing all the main quests without killing anyone. Runt is the only exception here because the main hero wants to take revenge on him. This is a challenging trophy - you have to watch out during the entire game so check our tips below.
Here are a few most important information and hints that can help you with unlocking this trophy:
- The requirements are only for the main story line quests. They don't include side quests or additional activities where you have to kill someone. However, you should always remember to check out which type of a quest you currently have set as active.
- In Kingdom Come: Deliverance problems can be often solved in many ways. Try to avoid any potential confrontations by avoiding enemies or sneaking into locations where you have to do something (e.g. sabotage or rescue a NPC). Even if you meet with an enemy, you can still try to avoid combat by selecting unique dialog lines related to Speech (developing this attribute should be your priority).
- Remember that even if a fight breaks out you don't have to participate in it. You can run away and lose pursuers (a horse can help you a lot here).
- You can still get this trophy even if you ignored all warnings and started a fight. A defeated enemy can surrender - the picture shows an example. You can show them mercy and let escape. Sadly, this won't always happen. You can kill a weaker person "prematurely" without giving them a chance to surrender by using too many powerful attacks. Because of that you should avoid situations like this one.
- Winning at the sparring arenas won't affect this achievement because a defeated enemy will never die(even if you used a real sword).
- You are forced to participate in huge battles during certain portions of the game. You still have to remember about the "no killing" rule. This problem can be solved by making a perfect reconnaissance and using all sabotage opportunities. Thanks to that you will increase your chances of winning a battle. During a fight - stand somewhere on the side (or escape your enemies if they focus their attention on you) and wait for a battle to end.
- Wild game animals don't count here. You don't have to, e.g. avoid killing rabbits while you are hunting during one of the main quests.
- Saves can help you a lot with getting this trophy. You can always load your game if you killed someone by accident then and try again. You can also check out your stats from time to time - there, you can see numerous information related to, e.g. combat.
Here are more tips for a few of the main quests:
- The Prey - Don't kill Cumans who detain Hans Capon. Save this person by sneaking into the camp (preferably during a night).
- The Hunt Begins - Don't attack the bandits in the forest. Let one of them die. Sneak on his corpse and search it.
- Ginger in a Pickle - Don't kill the two bandits in the forest. You have to successfully lie to the charcoal-burners and/or Ginger himself by telling them that the bandits are dead.
- On the Scent - Escape from the glade when you are stopped by bandits after finding Reeky.
- My Friend Timmy - Don't kill the bandits who will stop Henry near the mill. You can either accompany them or escape.
- Baptism of Fire - Don't kill anyone during all of the phases of the battle in Pribyslavitz. Stay away from those who are fighting with each other. At the end of this quest you have to kill Runt and it is the only moment in the game when you can kill someone.
- All That Glitters - Don't kill knight Ulrich, Rapota or Jezhek - instead forcing all these characters to surrender. In case of Rapota try to overtake him before he gets to the bandit camp. This way you won't have to fight with his friends.
- A Needle in a Haystack - After establishing the identity of Pious choose the option of releasing or arresting him.
- The Die is Cast - Don't fight with the bandits on the swamps. Show them a Die from Pious or try to escape. Additionally, in the final stage of the quest escape from fort Vranik without attacking any of the bandits.
- Payback - Don't fight with bandits from fort Vranik. Your allies will fight with them.
- Out of the Frying Pan - Get to the control mechanism of the barred doors without killing anyone (you may run away from them or pull them off near your allies).
- Night Raid - Don't kill any guards. The best option is to start the alarm and escape from the castle.
- Rocketer - Don't kill Peychar. Knock him out, let him escape or let him go after having a talk with him.
- Cold Steel, Hot Blood - Don't kill any enemies. Let your allies to handle them.
- Family Values - Don't kill any enemies. Let your allies to handle them.
- An Oath is an Oath - Don't kill anyone during the attack on the castle of Talmberg. Let your allies and Captain Bernard to defeat them.