Sneaking is very useful in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Depending on your needs you can, e.g. use it to scout an area occupied by enemy soldiers or to sneak into a building and rob its owners.
- How to remain undetected?
- How to increase your Stealth?
- How to develop Lockpicking and Pickpocketing?
How to remain undetected?
Here are a few tips that can help you stay undetected:
- The game features an interesting mechanic which is absent in many other games that offer a stealth mechanic - clothes have an impact on stealth. A character in a shining armor is easier to detect and can be heard by enemies. Remove your armor and wear regular clothes, preferably in dark colors, every time you want to sneak somewhere. The game informs you how visible is your character and how much noise he makes while moving - these statistics are displayed in the character menu. You should always keep these values as low as possible.
- Always remember to press the crouch button before you start sneaking. Also, look for bushes and other objects that can give you a cover. Don't get too close to your enemies and don't enter locations that you didn't examine from a distance.
- You have better chances at sneaking into a location during a nighttime (you can fast forward time or use a bed). At nights, NPCs' visibility is greatly reduced but the most important thing is that many characters go to sleep. Thanks to that you can go around them or rob them with ease. However, your visibility gets reduced, too. Don't use a torch if you can move without it because this will make your character much easier to detect.
- After developing stealth to level 5 you can unlock Stealth Kill perk. It enables you to kill other characters with surprise attacks. In order to do it, you must have a dagger (you can find it in game's world or you can buy one from a merchant). This perk might be very useful for example for silently clearing enemy's camp.
How to increase your Stealth?
Increase your Stealth skill to be better at working from shadows. Here you can find important information about this topic:
- Stealth can't be increased by simply hiding in a private location (e.g. inside of someone's house). To develop that skill, you have to perform the following actions - lockpicking, pickpocketing or stealth eliminations (you can either knock NPCs out or kill them).
- Stealth has various unlockable perks. One of the more interesting ones is Stealth Kill that can be unlocked after reaching level 5 in Stealth. This perk allows you to perform stealth kills with a dagger (these weapons can be found in the world or they can be bought from traders). This perk can help you in, e.g. eliminating enemies in a camp quietly. Also, these kills reward you with a lot of Stealth XP.
You can visit trainers if you want to level up your Stealth fast. Visit one of the millers, e.g. miller Woyzeck in Kohelnitz (the farm located north from Rattay) or miller Simon (the picture above) who can be found in the farm with a mill located east from Sasau. Besides that, you can also look for Stealth skill books. However, you need to remember that Henry needs to know how to read first (visit the scribe in Uzhitz).
How to develop Lockpicking and Pickpocketing?
Besides Stealth, you should also remember about increasing Lockpicking (by opening locked doors, chests, wardrobes etc.) and Pickpocketing (stealing from NPCs' pockets). Here are a few tips that can make this process easier for you:
- Unlock Lasting Lockpick as fast as you can. This perk increases your lockpicks' durability and makes them twice as much durable. Failed attempts at opening locks not only hinder you from leveling up quickly but they also deplete your lockpicks supplies.
- At first you should focus only on opening easy and very easy locks. Later, when your Lockpicking is at a higher level, you can search for more difficult locks that will give you a greater amount of XP. The game always informs you if Henry can open a given lock or not.
- Pickpocketing can only be increased by successfully stealing at least one item from someone. You don't get any experience by simply opening the pickpocketing menu and browsing through someone's inventory.
- The game rewards you with points every time you steal an item from someone. To level up Pickpocketing fast you can start the pickpocketing mini-game three times and steal one item per each mini-game rather than stealing three items during one pickpocketing. Remember that initiating one pickpocketing after another increases a chance for getting caught.
- Just like with Stealth, you can buy lessons from trainers to level up Lockpicking and Pickpocketing fast. Both skills can be trained by, e.g. miller Peshek in Rattay.