The guide to Kao the Kangaroo contains a detailed description of all the important mechanics, as well as answers to many important questions about the game. You will learn how to gain lives, how to increase the number of hearts and how to use special skills.
Our guide also contains a list of tips that will make your first hours of gameplay easier. We have also covered the system requirements, controls, and the length of the game.
- Kao the Kangaroo: Beginner's guide
- Kao the Kangaroo: The basics
- Kao the Kangaroo: FAQ
- Kao the Kangaroo: Game length
- Kao the Kangaroo: Minimum PC system requirements
Kao the Kangaroo: Beginner's guide
- Watch your hearts - the number of hearts, which indicate the character's health, is displayed in the upper left corner of the screen. If you lose them, your character will die, and the number of health points per level is limited.
- Increase the number of hearts - you will find heart fragments in the game. When you get 4 of them, you will get a new heart that will be available in further levels. Unlike the number of lives you have, you cannot lose this slot for the extra heart.
- Watch out for Kao's shadow - when you jump, it's hard to tell where you'll land. Only a small shadow below you can help you determine the landing location.
- Use special skills - you'll gain different skills over the course of the story, which you'll have to use at various occasions. Note that these skills are not constantly active, but rather they activate at specific times, e.g. when purple crystals appear on the map.
You can find more starting tips on the Beginner's Guide page.
Kao the Kangaroo: The basics
- Special skills - this page of the guide contains a description of all special skills, such as ice, fire or wind, which allows you to move objects at a distance.
- Shops - this page covers things you can buy in the shop. You'll learn exactly how precious the heart fragments and lives are.
- Totems - this is a very important collectible, scattered around every level in Kao the Kangaroo. You will learn what the totems look like and what are their features.
- Death - this page describes what happens after the character dies (loses all hearts). You will learn about the consequences of death in the game.
Kao the Kangaroo: FAQ
- Hearts - how to get more? - thanks to this page you will learn how to get heart fragments and how much they cost in the store.
- Character health - how to regenerate? - this page contains a collection of tips on how to get more hearts. You need them to keep the hero alive.
- Kao's lives - how to get? - Kao the Kangaroo features an old-school system based on collecting new lives in the game world, well-known to older players. If you lose them all, you have to start the whole level over. On this page, you will learn how to get more lives for Kao.
Kao the Kangaroo: Game length
You can complete Kao the Kangaroo in about 4/5 hours. It all depends on your skills and dexterity.
For more information about the game's length, check out Game length page.
Kao the Kangaroo: Minimum PC system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3330 3.2 GHz
- RAM: 8 GB
- GPU: GeForce GTX 760
- Disk space: 9 GB
- GPU memory: 2 GB
More information about the system requirements can be found on the page: System requirements.
About Kao the Kangaroo Guide
Author : Natalia "N.Tenn" Fras for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : June 23, 2022
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Kao the Kangaroo Video Game
- genre: Arcade
- developer: Tate Multimedia
- publisher: Tate Multimedia
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE, Switch, PS5, XSX
More About Kao the Kangaroo
Spring's in full swing and summer's around the corner. When it comes to games, the situation in May 2022 is pretty decent – there will be no shortage of good productions for fans of all kinds of games.