The grappling hook is the most useful gadget in Just Cause 4. Thanks to it you can move fast around the map, climb buildings, pull yourself towards enemies or attack them at a close range. The grappling hook is available from the beginning of the game. Complete three missions to unlock modifications for the grappling hook. This page contains information on how to upgrade the grappling hook in Just Cause 4.
- Which modifications are available in the game?
- How to unlock new grappling hook modifications?
- What else should I know?
Which modifications are available in the game?
You can upgrade the grappling hook with these three modifications:
- Booster - you attach a small rocket engine to your target. Use it to, i.e. make an enemy fall into an abyss. Attach more rocket engines to destroy a truck or a helicopter.
- Airlifters - attach a balloon with gas to a target to make it go upwards. Attach a balloon to an enemy to make them harmless. You can do the same with a vehicle but this will require more balloons. These balloons can also be destroyed - an enemy or a vehicle lifted by them will start falling down.
- Retractor - pulls targets closer together. You can, i.e. attach a cable to a helicopter and to a nearby building - this helicopter will hit the wall. This upgrade is also great in eliminating infantry - you can send hostile soldiers towards walls or ceilings.
You can switch between the modifications by using the icons displayed right above your current weapon's icon. Decide which upgrades you want to have by using the grappling hook menu.
How to unlock new grappling hook modifications?
Complete certain three missions to unlock all the grappling hook upgrades. Each of the missions is done for Garland, Javi, and Sargento - they are marked with the first letters of their name. Complete the following three missions to unlock a modification for your grappling hook:
- The Secret History of Solis - complete this mission to unlock Airlifters.
- Behind the Lines - complete this mission to unlock Retractor.
- Garland King's New Star - complete this mission to unlock Booster.
You unlock these missions after you complete the first main mission - our guide contains walkthroughs for all these side missions. Try to complete more missions for these characters - you will unlock minor additions that will upgrade said modifications.
What else should I know?
Complete three specific missions to unlock upgrades for your grappling hook. Their walkthroughs are on the following pages:
- How to complete Behind the Lines?
- How to complete The Secret History of Solis?
- How to complete Garland King's New Star?