You can overthrow a dictatorship, too! Just Cause 4 isn't different from the previous game in this series - you must once again lead resistance to overthrow a brutal dictator. This task requires careful preparation - this is where our starting tips come in handy. Our hints can be very useful to you because they focus on numerous elements of the game - the grappling hook, combat or ways of traversing the map.
- How to use the grappling hook?
- How to regenerate health?
- Remember that enemies leave some loot for you
- The grappling hook can be used as a weapon for close combat
- Use the AR system often
- How to move around the game world?
- Complete Illapa Project as soon as possible
How to use the grappling hook?
The grappling hook is the most frequently used gadget in Just Cause 4. You can use it to move around the map, attack enemies or throw objects. The grappling hook is easy to use - you will master this gadget in no time. The rules are simple:
- To use the grappling hook, aim the crosshair at a target and press the right button to use this gadget - your character will get pulled towards the target.
- If you want to, i.e. throw a barrel at a target, aim at the barrel, then hold the grappling hook button, and aim at the ground or at a wall near that enemy. Finally, you can release the grappling hook button. The hook will pull the barrel to the spot you chose. This method also allows you to throw enemies up in the air or to attach them to a moving vehicle.
Your grappling hook can be even better! Check "How to upgrade the grappling hook?" page to learn more about that.
How to regenerate health?
Combat is a crucial part of Just Cause 4. This means that your screen will turn red from time to time - this color informs you that your character is dying. There are no medkits or other healing items. The only way to regenerate your health is to retreat. Your character regenerates health when he is not under attack.
Objects in Just Cause 4 are flammable and they explode fast. Shoot those barrels that have enemies or vehicles standing near them (preferably with a rocket or a grenade launcher). This method allows you to eliminate large groups of enemies. Remember, explosions can damage your character, too - be sure that you aren't standing close to a barrel.
Destroying buildings and vehicles increases Chaos points which are used in recruiting more units required for capturing a region. For more information, check out "Securing regions" and "How to gain Squad Reserves" chapters.
Remember that enemies leave some loot for you
The majority of killed enemies drops weapons and ammunition. You'll shoot lots of bullets during the fight, so you'll need to replenish your magazine by picking up loot from your opponents. Just approach the body where the ammunition lies and the ammo will be automatically transferred to your weapon. It's also worth picking up rifles from dead bodies if they turn out to be better or you just want to try another weapon.
The grappling hook can be used as a weapon for close combat
The Grappling Hook is not only used to move around the map or to interfere with game-world objects. It also works well as a close combat weapon. With a single click, your character blows the hook and deals a lot of damage to nearby enemies. A good combination is to attract yourself to an enemy, which deals damage to them, and then hit them with a grappling hook attack.
The "Combat" page contains more ways of eliminating enemies fast and effectively.
Use the AR system often
You will be informed about the AR system in the first task of the main story. This is a very useful feature, so use it from the very beginning of the game. When you start the AR system, all objectives of the current mission will be marked on the screen, as well as useful objects, e.g. crates with equipment. The AR system not only shows the task marker, but also marks entire buildings, so that you can easily find your targets.
How to move around the game world?
You need to move around the map to reach new mission objectives or to discover new locations. You can do that in a few different ways:
- Grappling hook - this gadget is great when you are moving on the ground. Use it to pull yourself towards the ground of various objects.
- Parachute - its main function is to protect you from receiving fall damage. Combine parachute with the grappling hook to pull yourself towards, i.e. trees to stay in the air for much longer.
- Wingsuit - this gadget is also used in the air but at a much higher altitude. Use wingsuit to travel fast in the air after jumping from great heights.
- Vehicles - You can enter every car or helicopter in the game. Vehicles are scattered around the entire map, however, you can also call for one (provided that you have unlocked supply drop option).
- Fast travel - unlocked after completing Illapa Project mission. Fast travel allows you to access some of the locations quickly.
Complete Illapa Project as soon as possible
Illapa Project is the second main mission. The mission itself is very easy. Complete it to get access to two new options - fast travel and supply drop. Fast travel allows you to move to some of the locations instantly; supply drop allows you to call for vehicles or weapons.