This guide page has information about the minimum and recommended PC system requirements for Horizon Zero Dawn. We also inform whether Horizon Zero Dawn on PC is well optimized and present the hardware requirements for the PS4 version.
- Horizon Zero Dawn PC - minimum system requirements
- Horizon Zero Dawn PC - recommended system requirements
- Horizon Zero Dawn PC - additional notes
- Horizon Zero Dawn PC optimization
- Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 hardware requirements
Horizon Zero Dawn PC - minimum system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bits
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K (3.3 GHz) or AMD FX 6300 (3.5 GHz)
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 (3GB) or AMD Radeon R9 290 (4GB)
- RAM: 8 GB
- Free disk space: 100 GB
Horizon Zero Dawn PC - recommended system requirements
- Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-4770K (3.5 GHz) or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X (3.5 GHz)
- Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB) or AMD Radeon RX 580 (8GB)
- RAM: 16 GB
- Free disk space: 100 GB
Horizon Zero Dawn PC - additional notes
- Horizon Zero Dawn on PC runs exclusively on the Windows 10 operating system with the latest major updates installed. The game won't run on Windows 7.
- The PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn takes up more disk space than on PS4 - about 100 GB instead of about 47 GB. This is due to various graphical improvements regarding, e.g. 4K resolution textures.
- The PC version of Horizon Zero Dawn does not have the option to adjust the FoV (Field of Vision). You have to play on the default settings. The developers didn't want to interfere with the gameplay and visual style of the game compared to the original PS4 version.
Horizon Zero Dawn PC optimization
Horizon Zero Dawn for PC has unfortunately significant optimization problems. The game has big performance problems, especially if you want to play at 60 frames per second and in 4K resolution. Even more powerful PCs can have problems with smooth gameplay.
The number of frames rates can drop primarily in scenes with large numbers of characters (allies or enemies), while constantly the world, and in moments of updating interface information and camera changes in cut-scenes. The game also has problems with the correct anisotropic filtering effect and some animations that work only in 30 FPS.
The main way to increase the performance is to reduce the resolution. If you want to play in 4K resolution, you can up-scale the image with a lower resolution. Unfortunately, the resolution scaling system isn't perfect and the image can get visibly blurred.
The developers of the PC port of Horizon Zero Dawn promised to release major updates. They should improve the performance of the game over time and eliminate the most troublesome errors.
Horizon Zero Dawn - PS4 hardware requirements
- The PlayStation 4 version of Horizon Zero Dawn requires about 47 GB of free space on the console's hard drive. This is true for the Complete Edition, which is the only one offered on the PlayStation Store. If you have the basic version of the game without The Frozen Wilds DLC, it should take up a little less space.
- Horizon Zero Dawn on PS4 does not require a PS+ subscription. The game is 100% single-player, meaning you don't need PlayStation Plus subscription (except for the cloud storage option).
- Horizon Zero Dawn looks better on the PS4 Pro console. It can run the game in 4K resolution, but this isn't native 4K, just an upscaling effect.