Hogwarts Legacy: Interior Decorating Hogwarts Legacy guide
This guide page describes the side quest Interior Decoration from the game Hogwarts Legacy. From the walkthorugh you will learn how to learn the Altering Spell and how to modify the appearance of the Room of Requirement - new decorations, editing objects, changing the room's decor.
Last update: Monday, February 13, 2023
Interior Decorating is a title of one of the side quests of Hogwarts Legacy. Our walkthrough shows in what circumstances you learn the Altering Spell, how to conjure new objects in the Room of Requirement, how to add new decorations and how to change the general look of the Room of Requirement.
To learn more about features and elements of the Room of Requirement, visit the corresponding page in the Basics chapter. The walkthrough below only concerns the course of the quest.
- Unlocking the quest
- Rewards for completing the quest
- Conjure decorations
- Altering Spell
- Alter the balcony or the floor of the room
- Speak to Deek
Unlocking the quest
The quest in question can be initiated after completing the Room of Requirement story quest - during that task, you visit the location for the first time and conjure the first interactive stations.
To start Interior Decorating, talk to Prof. Weasley in the Room of Requirement. Your new task will be to deliver a Moonstone to the Professor. There are a few ways of getting a Moonstone:
- Using the Evanesco spell on interactive objects.
- Finding blue crystals in the game world (example in the screenshot) - destroying them with Basic Cast will reveal the sought ingredient. Blue Crystals are also found very often in certain locations, e.g. north of Hogwarts
Deliver the item (or talk to the professor right away if you already have a Moonstone to spend).
Rewards for completing the quest
- Altering Spell unlocked - it has the power to modify objects in Room of Requirement.
- the option to change the style and add new decorations for the Room of Requirement unlocked
There are a total of 5 Wall Decorations and 5 Floor Decorations to choose from. To bring up the available decorations, cast the Conjuring Spell. You can choose from many different objects, such as paintings, lamps, tables, chairs or carpets. Placing each object costs 1 Moonstone.
Prof. Weasley will teach you the Altering Spell - assign it to a quick spell slot.
Altering Spell can only be used on existing objects in the Room of Requirement. The quest requires you to:
- change the style of any object - choose, for example, a different style for the table;
- change the color of any object ;
- change the size of any object - after selecting the object, press the resize buttons (d-pad up and down).
Alter the balcony or the floor of the room
Use the Altering Spell again. The easiest way to proceed is to simply aim at the floor and choose a different style for it from the list.
Speak to Deek
Talk to Deek - during the conversation, you'll receive the ability to change the general style of the room. Select any dialogue option from the list and the entire Room of Requirement will change, for example, to a lively or more mysterious one.
Talk to Weasley again and the quest will end.