Key points of Hitman 3 - Chongqing - Important locations
On this page of the Hitman 3 guide, you will find a map of Chongqing and the most important information about the mission End Of An Era which takes place there. You will learn about the main areas on the map of Chongqing, what the objectives and unique features of this mission are, and what the rewards for reaching the next levels of Chongqing mastery will be.
- Information about the End Of An Era mission
- Chongqing - Shortcuts
- Chongqing - Key Locations
- Walkthrough - table of contents
- Mastery levels and rewards
Information about the End Of An Era mission
This mission is set in the city of Chongqing located in China. Agent 47 visits this location at night. However, the streets of the metropolis are lit up by numerous neon lights attached to the surrounding buildings. There are numerous bars and public buildings in the examined district of Chongqing city. The place is bustling with life even after nightfall;
- The first main target of the mission in Chongqing is Hush, who is conducting experiments on the ability to control another person's body through the power of the mind. His facility is located in a homeless shelter building;
- The second main target of the mission in Chongqing is Imogen Royce, who is conducting her research in an extremely well-guarded ICA facility hidden underground;
- As you progress through the End Of An Era mission, you will have the opportunity to complete three main story quests: Impulse Control, Certainty Principle, and All-Seeing Eyes;
- After killing two targets (Hush and Imogen Royce), you will unlock access to the optional story quest Hack Data Core, which involves hacking the Data Core at a secret ICA facility;
- Chongqing is one of the larger maps of Hitman 3 and allows you to gain a maximum mastery level of 20 of this location. You gain XP needed to advance to the next mastery levels by doing the challenges associated with the Chongqing map.
Through the streets of Chongqing and around some buildings, Agent 47 can move freely, but to get into the official rooms and guarded areas of the map (ICA facility, homeless shelter), you'll have to work a bit harder.
- Sneaking: there are many nooks, crannies, pillars, alcoves, rooms, and other objects in the map area that will allow you to hide from the guards' sight;
- Disguises: in the course of the game, you can take on the role of a restaurant worker, a street security guard, a lab worker, an ICA facility guard - among others;
- Alternate routes: in the Chongqing area you will find some useful shortcuts that will allow you to get to the most important points on the map (ICA outpost, homeless shelter) without having to go through the first stages of each story quest.
Chongqing - Shortcuts
There are 3 shortcuts and one secret passage in the Chongqing (China) level, which will greatly speed up your movement around the map, making it easier to complete each challenge. Each of the shortcuts described below can be unlocked permanently, i.e. you can make them available during all subsequent mission reruns.
Shortcut 1: ICA Facility Elevator Shaft.
You can activate the shortcut right after starting the mission in Chongqing (Point 39 on the map). The door can only be unlocked from the other side, and you'll get there through the alley by the boardwalk - there are 2 guards standing in front of the entrance so it's worth getting a Street Guard disguise. A shortcut that takes you across the boardwalk (River-Side Walkway) to the side entrance door of the ICA facility, which will take you to Level 0.
Shortcut 2: Inner Courtyard.
The shortcut can only be unlocked from the inside, and you'll get there through an elevator shaft in the ICA security room (point 18 on the map). Open the elevator shaft, climb up the gutter to the upper floor, then move to the left, hack the shaft grate lock and open the barricaded door. This shortcut leads to an alley near the hidden entrance to the ICA facility (point 26 on the map).
Shortcut 3: The Ladder in the Homeless Shelter Building (The Block Ladder).
You'll find the shortcut on the balcony after you leave the recruitment room (point 49 on the map). Before you try to unlock this passage, it's a good idea to disguise yourself as a street guard, a security guard at this facility, or a homeless person. You will need a crowbar to lower the ladder (point 32 or 62 on the map). This shortcut leads to an alley between the Arcade and the hostel, right next to the secret passage (point 28 on the map).
You'll find a secret passage in the alley between the Arcade and the homeless shelter building (point 28 on the map). You can get to the secret hatch just moments after the game starts, simply take the crowbar (point 32 on the map) and pass through the Arcade game room to the alley. It's a good idea to pick up a Street Guard disguise from the video arcade on the way so as not to attract the attention of the two guards standing outside. You will unlock the secret passage with code 2552. A shortcut leads to level -3 of the ICA facility.
Chongqing - Key Locations
Below, you will find a list of the most important locations, marked with points on our Chongqing map. References to these and other areas can be found on the following walkthrough pages of the mission in China.
1 - Data Core. Here, you will find a computer which you must interact with to complete the optional Hack Data Core story quest.
2 - The way to the ventilation shaft. An alternative entrance to and main exit from the Data Core room. By scanning the lock or prying the grate with a tool, you can get to a narrow catwalk leading to a ventilation shaft.
4 - Tier 3 Access Dongle. The Tier 3 Access Dongle lies on one of the metal cabinets - it will allow you to scan door locks in the ICA facility that require the highest level of authorization, such as the door to the Data Core.
6 - Ventilation Shaft. The shaft connects all the main rooms in the ICA facility, so you can move around the facility without being noticed.
10 - Imogen Royce's Office. This is the office of one of the two main targets in the Chongqing mission. Here you will find an entrance to the ventilation shaft and a computer - if you use it, you can fire three workers, which may make it easier to get to the Data Core. Office windows and doors can be tinted using a terminal.
11 - Tier 2 Access Dongle. The Tier 2 Access Dongle lies on one of the metal cabinets, and it will allow you to scan door locks in the ICA facility which require a medium authorization level, such as doors to the lower levels of the facility.
14 - Sabotaging the surveillance system. There is a device here that records footage from the surveillance cameras. Once you destroy it, all cameras at the ICA facility will stop working. The device is protected by one guard, but you can lure him out to a nearby restroom and subdue him.
19 - Tier 1 Access Dongle. The Tier 1 Access Dongle lies on one of the metal cabinets, and it will allow you to scan the door locks at the ICA facility which require the lowest authorization level.
25 - Entrance to the ICA facility. There are two guards standing at the front, and another one by the container. If you want to get to the entrance unnoticed, jump down from the nearby boardwalk. Door Access Code: 0118.
30 - Main entrance to the homeless shelter. A building associated with the Impulse Control Mission Story.
32 - The Homeless. Here you will eavesdrop on the conversation of homeless people and get the first important information about the Impulse Control Mission Story.
41 - The Restaurant. This is where you will meet Mr. Pritchard whom you need to pose as during the Certainty Principle Mission Story.
44 - The Room of Mr. Pritchard. In the room, you will find Form P41 related to the Certainty Principle Mission Story. You will get to the room through the stairwell (code 0118) or through an open window (you need to climb down the gutter from the roof of the building).
46 - Recruitment Room. A room associated with the Impulse Control Mission Story. You can go to the balcony and then to the upper floor of the building through the open window.
57 - The Bathroom. In a small bathroom, you will meet the main subject of Hush's experiment. This is the person you must pose as during the final stage of the Impulse Control Mission Story.
58 - The Lotus Passage. A walkway between the Hush and Imogen Royce buildings. You can lure them in here while completing the All-Seeing Eyes Mission Story.
56 - The Crashed Drone. On the roof of the building you will find a destroyed Drone which belongs to Imogen Royce. After scanning the device, you will receive the first pieces of information about the All-Seeing Eyes Mission Story.
Walkthrough - table of contents
The mission End Of An Era in Chongqing (China) is very complex, so we describe all of its elements in detail on separate pages of our guide.
- Story quest - Certainty Principle: We have described in detail the course of a quest, in which you have to take on the role of Mr. Pritchard. Passing this quest will allow you to enter the secret ICA facility and eliminate Imogen Royce in many interesting ways;
- Story quest - Impulse Control: on this page we have described the mission in which you have to impersonate a homeless person and get into the shelter under the pretext of wanting to participate in an experiment. By completing this task, you will have a chance to get closer to Hush - the other main mission objective in Chongqing;
- Story quest - All-Seeing Eyes: The third story quest allows you to lure the two targets (Hush and Imogen Royce) to one location so you can eliminate them in one go. This mission is described in detail on a separate page of our guide;
- Optional story quest - Hack Data Core: The mission in Chongqing allows Players to complete an optional quest related to hacking the Data Core. The course of this task, along with the escape from the ICA facility, is described on a separate page of this guide;
- Killing Hush: on this page, we have described some interesting and unconventional ways to eliminate Hush;
- Imogen Royce assassination: on this page, we have described some unique ways to eliminate Royce;
- Poison - how to get it? You can find three Emetic Rat Poison items and one Lethal Poison Pill Jar in the Chongqing area;
- Best disguises: on this page, we have presented some interesting disguises that will allow you to move freely around the map of Chongqing (China) and get closer to the main mission objectives;
- Monitoring - how to sabotage it? On a separate page we describe the process of disabling the monitoring, which will make it much easier for you to move around the Chongqing map, especially on higher difficulty levels;
- Map of Chonqing - how to leave?: On this page, we have described the main ways to leave the map after eliminating both mandatory objectives and/or completing a side quest;
- Camera - where and how to use it?: On this page, we have presented and described all the major uses of the camera during the End Of An Era mission in Chongqing (China).
Mastery levels and rewards
Chongqing is an expansive, multi-level map and allows for up to mastery level of 20 of this location. You gain XP needed to advance to the next mastery levels by doing the challenges associated with the Chongqing map. We've compiled the full list of rewards for advancing to the next championship levels in Hitman 3 on the map in China below.
REWARD AND COMMENT
Cache - Facility Server Supply Room. This is the server room on the lowest level of the ICA facility (level -3), next to the Data Core room.
Tool - Electronic Key Hacker MK III. A universal key that is used to open electronic locks.
Cache - Restaurant Back Stairwell. This is about the kitchen in the bar on the main street.
New starting location - River-side Walkway. Agent 47 can start the game on the boardwalk. From here you can quickly get to the most important spots on the map of Chongqing - the ICA facility and the homeless shelter
Poison - ICA Pen Syringe Emetic. Poison in pen form so you can carry it with you anywhere without raising suspicion.
Cache - Corridor. It's in a hallway in the homeless shelter on the 3rd floor.
New starting location - Restaurant Kitchen. Agent 47 can start the game disguised as a cook. This way you can quickly prepare a poisoned meal for Mr. Pritchard and continue with the Certainty Principle story quest.
Explosive charge - ICA Proximity Concussion Device MK III. Proximity stun mine. Instead of killing the target (or targets), it knocks opponents to the ground.
Cache - Facility Maintenance Tunnel. This refers to the service tunnel in the ICA facility, on level -2.
New starting location - Facility Rooftop. Agent 47 begins the game disguised as a security guard, on the roof of a building above the ICA facility. This allows you to move freely through the area and, for example, take a shortcut that leads to the ICA's underground headquarters.
Cache - Facility Rooftop. It's about the wooden crates, right next to the Facility Rooftop starting location.
Weapon - ICA Tactical Shotgun. A tactical shotgun with high firepower. This illegal item can be smuggled into the Chongqing map area in one of the suitcases.
Cache - Arcade. This is about the game room on the main street (level 0). You can get inside through an alley guarded by two guards or from the street by breaking down the door with a crowbar.
Cache - Side Alley. The items will be smuggled in a suitcase that you will find in the alley leading to the main entrance of the homeless shelter (level 1).
New starting location - The Block. Agent 47 begins the game disguised as one of Hush's lab worker. This allows you to move freely around the homeless shelter.
Cache - Facility Ventilation Room. This is about the small utility room in the ICA facility, right next to the break room (level -2).
Weapons - ICA SMG Raptor Covert. A rapid-fire machine gun that can be smuggled into the Chongqing area in one of the suitcases.
New starting location - Balcony. Agent 47 starts the game on the balcony of one of the buildings (level 3), right next to the laundry building.
Cache - The Laundry. Items are smuggled into the back of the laundry room. You will find them in the bookcase, behind the towels.
Cache - Apartment. It's a flat in one of the buildings on the main street.
New starting location - Facility Locker Room. Agent 47 begins the game disguised as an employee of the ICA facility. With a cover like this, you can freely move around almost the entire area of the underground complex.
Agent 47 Costume - Neon City Suit with Gloves. The costume does not have any unique properties. It simply allows you to change the appearance of Agent 47.
Sniper Weapon - Hackl Leviathan Sniper Rifle Covert. A high-performance sniper rifle with an attached silencer.