Key points of Hitman 3 - Dubai - Important locations
On this page of the Hitman 3 guide, you will find a map of Dubai and the most important information about the first story mission called On Top of the World, which takes place here. You will learn the main areas on the map of Dubai, what are the objectives and unique features of this mission, and what are the rewards for reaching the next Dubai mastery levels.
- Key information about the On Top of the World mission
- Dubai - Key Locations
- Walkthrough - table of contents
- Dubai - Shortcuts
- Mastery levels and rewards
Key information about the On Top of the World mission
- The action of this mission takes place in the Burj Al-Ghazali skyscraper in Dubai, which is the tallest building in the world. By default, Agent 47 uses a skydiving suit to infiltrate the inaccessible upper floors of this skyscraper. After landing, the hero must climb the outer balconies and facades of the building to get to the main area of the mission.
- There is a party at the top of the skyscraper – thrown to commemorate The Sceptre's inauguration. This opens up a lot of opportunities to blend into the crowd of guests or get a disguise of one of the service or security employees.
- The mission targets are Carl Ingram and Marcus Stuyvesant. They are Partners, high-ranking leaders in Providence, a secret and highly influential group that rules the world from the shadows.
- By default, Carl Ingram stays in his luxury, heavily guarded apartment.
- Marcus Stuyvesant spends his time in the art exhibition room.
- Dubai is one of the largest maps in Hitman 3 (the location consists of 7 floors of a skyscraper) and its maximum mastery level is 20. You gain XP needed to advance to the next mastery levels by doing challenges associated with the Dubai map.
Agent 47 can move around the lowest level of the Burj Al-Ghazali, as well as the level above it where the party is taking place. To get to the staff rooms and guarded areas of the map, you'll have to work a little harder though.
- Sneaking: there are many nooks, crannies, pillars, alcoves, and other objects that will help you hide from the guards;
- Disguises: you can assume the identity of, e.g. a party security guard, a penthouse security guard, a security staff member, and Zana Kazem - one of the agents working for Crystal Dawn, a Pan-African terrorist organization.
- Alternative passages: there are several electronic windows in Burj Al-Ghazali that you can open with the handheld camera. Use them to go outside the building and climb ledges or gutters to reach previously inaccessible floors. It's also worth to remember opening up some useful shortcuts, which we describe a bit below.
The On Top of the World mission has three mission stories that will earn you the trust of both targets, and give you a chance of eliminating them in different ways: Bird Of Prey, (In)Security, and How The Mighty Fall.
Dubai - Key Locations
Below, you will find a list of the most important locations, which we have marked on our map of the Dubai location. References to these and other areas can be found on the following pages of this mission's walkthrough description.
6 - Information Terminal. An electronic device that reveals a map of the Burj Al-Ghazali and provides the first bits of information for the How The Mighty Fall Mission Story.
8 - Transfer papers for a new recruit. An item related to the (In)Security mission. These documents are necessary for you to successfully pose as Marcus Stuyvesant's new bodyguard.
9 - Zana Kazem. The man you have to impersonate while playing the Bird Of Prey Mission Story. Zana Kazem is carrying Lethal Poison Pill Jar.
13 - Security Room. A location associated with the (In)Security Mission story. This is where you eavesdrop on Marcus' conversation and learn that a new recruit has failed to show up for work. You will also have to return to this location after getting the transfer papers for the new recruit (point 8 on the map).
14 - Safe. In the security room, you'll find a safe that contains the card which allows you to activate the evacuation alarm in the penthouse - the access code is 6927. Getting this card is associated with the Mile High Drop challenge.
15 - The passage to the reception. Here you will meet the Sheikh's personal assistant, whom you must speak with after assuming the identity of Zana Kazem in the Bird Of Prey Mission Story. There are two guards standing in front of the stairs - they will let you up if you don't have any illegal items on you and allow them to frisk you. Otherwise, you'll have to distract them. The alternative route leads through the security room.
17 - Knife Throwing Point. This is where Marcus Stuyvesant will test your knife throwing skills. After completing this task, he will send his bodyguard away and you will be left alone with him - you can then eliminate Stuyvesant easily. At this point you can also push him off the roof and complete the Vertical Approach challenge.
27 - Server Room. Here, you will find the computer you need to complete the How The Mighty Fall Mission Story. From the computer, you can also disable the security cameras, and open the penthouse elevator shaft (point 26 on the map). The access card to the computer is in possession of a staff member (point 28 on the map).
39 - Living Room. A large room linked to the How The Mighty Fall Mission Story. This is where you lure Carl Ingram and Marcus Stuyvesant to get rid of them. At this point, both men can be eliminated with, e.g. one chandelier, which is related to the Impactful Art challenge.
48 - Carl Ingram's Office. The office of one of the targets in the Dubai mission. You will end up here e.g. after completing the Bird Of Prey Mission Story. In the office, you will find a miniature model of an oil rig that you need to use to complete the Black Gold Eye challenge.
Walkthrough - table of contents
The mission On Top of the World which takes place in Dubai is very complex – we have described all of its elements in detail on separate pages of our guide.
- Map of Dubai - how to unlock?: On this page, we describe how to get the map of Burj Al-Ghazali;
- Mission story - Bird Of Prey: We have described in detail the mission in which you must take on the role of Zana Kazem, one of the best agents of the pan-African terrorist organization Crystal Dawn. Doing this quest will give you the option to eliminate Carl Ingram in many interesting ways;
- Mission story - (In)Security: On this page, we have described the mission where you have to take on the role of Marcus Stuyvesant's new bodyguard. Thanks to this personality, you will be able to accompany him without any suspicion – this opens up many opportunities to eliminate this target;
- Mission story - How The Mighty Fall: the third mission story allows you to lure two Partners to one location so you can eliminate them both at the same time. This mission is described in detail on a separate page of our guide;
- Assassinating Carl Ingram: we have described some interesting and unconventional ways of eliminating Carl;
- Assassinating Marcus Stuyvesant: we have described some unconventional ways of eliminating Marcus;
- Poison - how to get it?: you can find three Emetic Rat Poison items and one Lethal Poison Pill Jar in the Burj Al-Ghazali;
- Best disguises: on this page, we have presented some interesting disguises that will allow you to move freely around the map and get closer to the main targets;
- Burj Al-Ghazali cameras - how to turn them off?: here we describe the process of disabling the surveillance cameras. This will make it much easier for you to move around the map, especially on higher difficulty levels;
- Map of Dubai - how to leave?: on this page, we have described the main ways to leave the map after eliminating both targets;
- Electronic windows - list: on this page, we have described the location of all windows with electronic locks that you can open with your camera. This will open up additional ways of moving around the Burj Al-Ghazali.
Dubai - Shortcuts
There are 4 shortcuts on the Dubai map that will greatly speed up your movement around the Burj Al-Ghazali, making it easier to complete each challenge. There are 3 ladders to unlock (crowbar required - point 16 on the map) and one door that can only be opened from the inside. Each of the shortcuts described below can be unlocked permanently, i.e. you can make them available during all subsequent mission reruns.
Shortcut 1: Atrium Lobby Door.
You will find the shortcut right after starting the mission in Dubai (point 3 on the map). Going through the door, you can get to the stairwell and from there straight to the staff quarters and the upper floors of the Burj Al-Ghazali skyscraper in Dubai. The door can only be unlocked from the other side, and you will get there through the main bathroom on level 0 ( point 5 on the map).
Shortcut 2: Penthouse Terrace Ladder
You'll find a shortcut on the observation deck with a golfing area (point 44 on the map). To get to the top floor of the building, you will have to disguise yourself as a penthouse guard. You can get the right outfit on the 3rd floor of the building near the server room (point 27 on the map). A shortcut leads to the 3rd floor of the building, to a small storage room (point 29 on the map).
Shortcut 3: Ventilation Area Ladder.
You will find a shortcut in the ventilation room (point 45 on the map). To get to the top floor of the building, you will have to disguise yourself as a penthouse guard. You can get the right outfit on the 3rd floor of the building near the server room (point 27 on the map). A shortcut leads to the vicinity of the helipad ( point 33 on the map).
Shortcut 4: Helipad
You'll find a shortcut next to the helicopter pad (point 34 on the map) To get to this area fairly safely, it's a good idea to use some disguise, such as a Burj Al-Ghazali guard or a penthouse guard. You can get the right outfit on the 3rd floor of the building near the server room (point 27 on the map). A shortcut leads to the outer metal walkway, by the electronic windows (point 10 on the map).
Mastery levels and rewards
Dubai is one of the larger maps of the Hitman 3 game which allows you to gain a maximum of level 20 mastery of this location. The XP needed to advance to the next master levels is earned by completing challenges linked to the Dubai map. Below we have compiled a full list of rewards for advancing to the next levels of mastery.
REWARD AND COMMENT
Arms - Burj Al-Ghazali Snowglobe. A melee weapon that Agent 47 can fit in his fist. Not a very useful gadget.
New starting location - Atrium Lobby. Agent 47 can start the mission at the Burj Al-Ghazali without going through the introduction to the Dubai mission.
Cache - Kitchen (Kitchen). This refers to the kitchen located on level 0.
New starting location - Meeting Room. Agent 47 may begin the game disguised as a member of the inaugural party staff. This is helpful in case you want to smuggle some stuff into the kitchen, which is right next door.
Poison - Emetic Posion Vial. You can use this poison to induce vomiting in your target, which will prompt him to go to the nearest bathroom.
Cache - Penthouse Supply Room. This is the service room on the 3rd floor, just behind the reception desk.
New starting location - Art Installation. Agent 47 can start the game disguised as an art installation attendant. It's not as good a disguise as, say, a penthouse guard, but it will still allow you to move freely around a large portion of the Dubai map.
Case - ICA Briefcase MK III. You can hide an illegal item, such as a Sniper Weapon, in your suitcase, and bring it legally to the map of Dubai.
Cache - Atrium Toilet. This refers to the large bathroom on level 0, the floor where the opening reception is underway.
Cache - Maintenance Room. Service room on level 0. You can get there through the bathroom (level 0) or through the Atrium shortcut on level -1.
Explosive Charge - Explosive Golf Ball. An exploding golf ball will come in handy to complete the Angry Bird challenge, which is related to the murder of Carl Ingram.
New starting location - Guard Room. Agent 47 begins the game disguised as a Burj Al-Ghazali guard. You start in the surveillance room on level 2.
Cache - Laundry Room. The laundry room was located on level 1, in the service room behind the bar area.
Bladed Weapons - Ornate Scimitar. A short saber with a curved head.
Cache - Art Backstage Balcony. This is about the open area behind the back of the art gallery. Right by the ladder leading to the helicopter.
Sniper Weapon - Druzhina 34 DTI. You won't find a sniper rifle in the Dubai location, so this is the only sniper you can take with you on the mission.
Cache - Penthouse Ventilation. An enclosed area with ventilation machines on the 4th level. You can get there through a door in the wall on the left, just behind the stairs, or through a shortcut from the balcony behind the art gallery area. An alternative route leads through a door in the suite's living room.
Agent 47 Costume - Ashen Suit with Gloves. The suit has no unique properties. It simply allows you to change the appearance of Agent 47.
Explosive charge - ICA Proximity Explosive MK III. A charge that does a lot of damage in an explosion.