On this page of the guide, we answer whether Hitman 3 has multiplayer modes (cooperation, competition) and is being online required to play Hitman 3.
Multiplayer - is it available?
Hitman 3 has no multiplayer modes – the game is single-player only.
Hitman 3 doesn't have online modes that debuted in Hitman 2. These were:
- Co-op version of Sniper Assassin mode - Your goal was to eliminate opponents from a distance and together with another player.
- Ghost Mode - It allows you to compete with another player to see who will be the first to eliminate the targets.
Being online while playing - is it mandatory?
Hitman 3 is not an always-online game – you can play it offline. However, being connected to the game servers is highly recommended. If you play offline, you won't be able to win trophies or use some of the game's essential features:
- You can't complete challenges offline.
- If you are offline, you won't be able to level up location mastery. You also won't get any rewards for them.
- When offline, you cannot compare your results with other players (leaderboards).
Important note - The game will not mark a given challenge or other action as completed if you did it offline and then went online. You can do that only when you are connected to the game's servers.