In the Druid Circle you meet with a hostile Mage who challenges you to a fight.
- This mission is a duel. You can't summon any additional units. Instead, you have to rely on your wits. You will need additional potions and scrolls to survive this mission. What you can find on the map isn't enough. Another thing that you should do is to upgrade your heroine's stats.
- Your main target is Vivric, an enemy Mage (1). Besides him you must also defeat two Bears (2) - they will be a big hindrance here. On normal, the enemy Mage has 200 health points and deals 40 damage. He is resistant to magic (most of the scrolls won't work on him) and his attacks can weaken Arcaena. However, he won't move throughout the entire fight and the obelisks around him block his line of fire. Also, you can find a few chests there, each has a little bit of gold. In the chest located above Vivric you can find Light Feet Potion (you can move 1 hex more; the effect lasts 3 turns). There is a small healing potion on the right and below him you can find Poison Cloud scroll (deals damage and weakens units' attack).
- Deal with the Bears first before you focus on Vivric. You can hide in the forest (1) and shoot at the enemies. Arcaena should be placed in a such way that only one enemy would approach her at a time. You can also decide to get Poison Cloud scroll first (2) and use it on one of the Bears. However, by doing that you will get hit by the Mage. Start fighting Vivric from that position. The firefight will take a few turns which means that you will need healing.
- To win this mission you will need a few extra potions and scrolls. Here are a few cheap suggestions:
- 1-3 Light Healing Potions (one of them can be taken out from the chest near Vivric). Follow the tactic described above and remember to heal when your health drops below 50 points. You can save your potions and use only one of them if you manage to dodge Vivric's attacks with Arcaena.
- 1 Spider Poison potion (you got one bottle during one of the previous missions) and 1 Standard Healing Potion. First, use the potion that increases your attack and hide in the forest. Even though the Bears are now easier to defeat, you should still watch out. The attack bonus can be higher if you increased Arcaena's stats.
- Ghost Shield scroll. Drinking the potion (damage reduction) and hiding in the forest will let you defeat the Bears, loot the chests and eliminate Vivric without any problems.
- You can also summon Dead or Golems, use more expensive potions or scrolls but this solution is unprofitable on normal difficulty. Vivric's stats go up on higher difficulties (e.g. he has 650 health points on the highest difficulty), the same goes for the Bears (the highest difficulty gives them resistance to magic). Here, you will need better versions of the aforementioned potions. You should also increase your heroine's stats, use any of the scrolls that reduce damage and remember to strengthen your attack with a scroll or a potion.