The following page contains instructions on how to install mods for Hello Neighbor. Here, you can learn how to use Hello Neighbor Mod Kit.
Installing Unreal Engine 4
Install Unreal Engine 4 tool before you decide to install any mods for the game. Follow these steps:
- Register on Epic Games (you can skip this part if you already have an account).
- Download Unreal Engine 4 from this page.
- Install Unreal Engine 4 and then run it.
Installing Hello Neighbor Mod Kit
Unreal Engine 4 is running. Now, it is time to install Hello Neighbor Mod Kit.
You will see the window presented above. Now, complete the following steps:
- Click the "Modding" icon.
- Select Hello Neighbor (on the left).
- Click the green button to "Install". Choose the directory on your drive (where you want to install the tool).
Installing and activating the mods
Once Hello Neighbor Mod Kit is installed, the green "Install" button will turn into "Run". To install a mod you have to:
- Download a modification.
- Unpack the content into: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\HelloDevKit\HelloNeighbor\Plugins (the default directory).
- Run Hello Neighbor Mod Kit.
- Go to the "Settings" tab and open "Plugins" window.
- You can see the window with modifications (and other files) detected by the tool kit. Find the modification you want to play and be sure that the "Enabled" button is activated.
- Now, go to the bottom part of the main window. There, you can see all files and folders of Hello Neighbor. To run a mod you need to open the following folders: Maps -> "Mod's name" -> Content -> Maps.
- Here, you can find a file - usually, its name should be the same as the installed mod. Click twice on this file to run the mod.