Hello Neighbor: Act 1 | Walkthrough Hello Neighbor Guide
Last update: Thursday, May 7, 2020
In Act 1, your main objective is to obtain the red key to open the door to the mysterious location.
- After regaining control over the main protagonist, go towards the ball. After a short cutscene, you are caught by the neighbor (unavoidable).
- Now, you find yourself opposite your neighbor's house. First, go inside your own house - it is right behind you.
- Pick up something to smash a window with (e.g. the TV set) and two cardboard boxes.
- Now, go towards the rack visible in the screenshot above.
- Stack two boxes (one on the top of) another - this will allow you to access the roof.
- Jump on the roof visible in the screenshot above. You have to sprint before the jump - watch out not to jump too far, though.
- Continue along the room and break the first window to the left. Use it to enter the room.
- There, you can find a lever that allows you to move the platform presented in the picture. Also, there is a fan next to that lever - you can use it to move the lever but you need to provide power to it first.
- The picture (the biggest one), presented in the screenshot, is located in the room with the lever. Take it and add to your inventory - this reveals a hole in the wall and gives you access to another room. Go there.
- Inside, you can find the switch presented in the screenshot. Use it - this activates the fan.
- Now, you have to move the lever (the one that controls the platform) in a such way that the platform would be on the ground (the lever needs to be moved up). Then, place an item (e.g. a box) on the shelve with the fan - it starts moving until it reaches the lever and activates it. In the meantime, you have to quickly get on the platform - you have to reach it before the item moves the lever.
- After going up on the platform and enter the room. The neighbor might hear you, so stay vigilant.
- On the table, to your left, there is the red key. Pick it up.
- Interestingly enough, after being caught by the neighbor, there is a chance you will be taken to another location - in order to exit it, go towards the door visible in the screenshot above.
- Now, you have to enter neighbor's house. Best do it using the front door. Then, immediately enter the first room to the right. The neighbor is bound to hear you so you have to be quick.
- Inside the room, you can find the door with the red lock. Use the key you found earlier on the lock to enter a new location.
- Open the washing machine visible above. This will allow you to continue. For now, you do not have to worry about the neighbor - he will show up later on.
- Continue forward until you reach the room with the pallet. Pick up the can. Break one of the windows and use it to leave the room.
- Go leftwards and use the lever visible on the left-hand side of the screenshot above. This will open the grid.
- Continue forward until you reach the place visible above. You can find a flashlight there (where the light is) - it is worth taking it, as the location is dark. Use the next lever (next to the dummy) and enter another room.
- Inside, you see the painting visible above.
- Lay it down on the nearby fence - just put the painting on the ground and flip it by pushing it with your character. This will allow you to go over the fence.
- Turn the generator on. Without it, you cannot leave this location.
- Using the pile of items visible above you can jump over the fence. Open the first door and enter the room.
- Continue forward and open consecutive doors (always the ones you find first).
- Finally, you encounter the neighbor. You do not have to run away - it is actually better to get caught. This way you get to the start of the location you were headed anyway.
- Go to the room where you flipped the painting. Watch out for the neighbor, as he is patrolling the area. Use the level visible above (previously, it was not active, because the generator was not turned on).
- After reaching the corridor visible above, you will be chased by the neighbor - run towards the end of the corridor until you reach the door. They are locked with several locks so you have no chance to escape. After the neighbor catchers you, Act 1 will end.