On this page we have compiled various tips for playing Hades. These include many important elements of the game, including exploration of the underworld, unlocking weapons, and upgrading the hero. With our starting tips, it will be easier to find yourself in the world of the game.
- Unlocking weapons
- Orders from the House Contractor
- Talk to everyone
- Special vendors
- Pay attention to the signs on the doors
- Test different upgrades and weapons
- Always be vigilant
- Daedalus Hammer
- Special keepsakes
- Gifts Of Hermes
In Hades, mobility is the key. You have to constantly switch between opponents, traps or bombs. When you stand still, you are susceptible to attacks. However, remember that a dash is much more effective than normal movement, as it provides immunity.
At the beginning of the game, focus on collecting the Chthonic Keys. With them, you can unlock new weapons and further develop your hero.
During the first playthroughs, if you have a choice between a key and jewels or gold, always reach for the keys.
You can get keepsakes by strengthening your bond with the gods. The Nectar will improve your relationship. Each gift affects your hero's strength and stats.
Remember, gifts have their own levels. Don't abandon your relationship when you receive a gift. Continue talking to the characters and deliver more nectar.
Orders from the House Contractor
The jewels and diamonds you acquire during the game are mostly used to pay the Contractor. Thanks to him, you receive new upgrades and base features and new bonuses to further escape attempts.
These improvements have an impact on health or resources, but also on unlocking new locations in Hades.
- The fountain chamber for Tartarus;
- Leaves of prophecy.
Talk to everyone
After each attempt, go to the gods and talk to them. Remember that Hades has a story layer worth exploring.
By talking to the characters, you can unlock new characters, dialogues, skills, or new gameplay options.
While traversing the underground, you'll encounter three special vendors, one for each major region.
- There's Sisyphus in Tartarus - he'll give you some health, darkness or gold;
- There is Euridice in Asphodel - she will enhance your current gifts or increase the rarity of three more received;
- At Elysium, Patroclus is waiting - he replenishes the Death Defiance supply, gives health, and improves damage dealt.
Pay attention to the signs on the doors
Once the room is finished, you are left with a choice. There are signs on the doors that will guide you to certain rooms. It's up to you what you want to focus on. You have to choose what you need at the moment - a merchant, keepsakes, or weapon upgrades.
Test different upgrades and weapons
The keys serve to unlock new weapons. Thanks to them, you can test different types of weapons, as each weapon works in a specific way. Some of them work well over long ranges and some are only viable on short distances. Check what's best for you and develop the chosen weapon to make the most of it.
Always be vigilant
Many adversaries in Hades have their phases or waves. You have to stay mobile and don't believe in luck. Many enemies can hide in the corner of the room and attack you at the least expected moment.
The Daedalus Hammer is used to improve the character's weapons. It would be a good idea to buy them whenever the opportunity arises. You can get the hammer as a prize or buy it in a store. Remember that a better idea would be to collect it for free so you can save money on other items.
During a game, you can find up to two Hammers. Remember that not all improvements can be combined.
There are four types of gifts that you can get only after meeting certain requirements. Special requirements usually include removing the curse or acquiring certain gifts. Special gifts cannot be improved with Boons:
- Duo - require obtaining gifts from different gods. Only after that can they be offered by any God, and after they have been acquired, can a dialogue be initiated between the pair.;
- Legendary - require obtaining certain gifts from Gods. Finally, you can get the highest blessing available;
- Chaos - involves entering Chaos Gates and defeating the curse. Unlike other enhancements, Chaos gifts can be accepted more than once in a run, and the effects combine.
- Bouldy - after talking to Sisyphus, you go to Bouldy to give him Nectar. You will receive a special gift from him.
Gifts Of Hermes
The gifts you get from Hermes affect your stats. They can improve your speed, reflexes, dodges and various attacks. Remember to always take the gifts he offers you.