Scoia'Tael | Factions Gwent Guide
Last update: Thursday, July 6, 2017
A unit composed of elven and dwarven rebels who fight guerilla war against Northern Kingdoms against racial discrimination. It is led to battle Brouver Hoog, Francesca, or Eithne. Playing Scoia'Tael, be ready to use dwarven units and playing lots of weather effects. The deck also offers Ambushes and Traps that are unavailable to other Factions.
1. Scoia'Tael includes, first and foremost, all kinds of removals, which are cards that reduce enemy units' Power. A fast deck and a really unpredictable one at that.
2. Currently, you can encounter 2 archetypes of Scoia'Tael decks:
- A deck based on numerous spells, including weather effects, earthquakes, or thunders that deal great damage. Every spell played boosts Dol Blathanna Protector by 1 point, so these units might have even 20 points of Power later on. If you can, try to save Scorch and Geralt: Igni for the end of the round to eliminate such powerful units. You might also use Regis: Higher Vampire which can draw Bronze cards from the opponent's deck and Consume them before they are played.
- A deck based on dwarves, such as Mahakam Defender or Yarpen Zigrin that can stay on the board for the next round. The opponent usually boosts these units with Elixirs and other units. Cards that can Lock and Reset are useful in this case.
3. If a Fireball Trap appears on your side, try to neutralize it right away because it will seriously harm your units after 1 turn. Sometimes, it's a better idea to use Alzur's Thunder (7 points) to eliminate a trap than to sacrifice 15 or more Power points of all units in a given row.
4. Players using Brouver Hoog as the Leader often use his special ability in the first turn to summon Saskia and an another extra unit. In this way, they have as many as 20 points of Power at the start of the match. If you play second, you have to sacrifice at least 2 cards to beat this score, while the opponent can quickly pass.