On this page of the guide, you will learn how to strengthen the basic decks in Gwent Rogue Mage to be able to face stronger opponents and the Boss that awaits at the very end of the map.
Gwent Rogue Mage has four basic decks, which are characterized by a different style of play. There are only 12 cards in the starting deck, but, fortunately, there are several ways to strengthen the deck by choosing the right cards and increasing their power.
Winning duels with regular opponents
After winning a duel with a regular opponent, you will be able to decide whether you want to add a random card to your deck or remove a card.
- Adding cards: an option especially useful at the beginning of a session when your deck has a small number of cards and you want to strengthen your deck before meeting an elite opponent or Boss.
- Removing cards: this option comes in handy when your deck has grown too large and you are unable to draw the right cards during a duel.
By drawing or removing cards from the deck, you can shuffle the displayed random cards. You can do this indefinitely, but each action will cost you 3 Energy points.
You can find treasure chests as you go through the various stages of the map. It is worth checking them, because you can obtain useful cards that will help you in later. Inside you will find useful spells or passive cards that appear on the board when a duel begins.
Places of Power
These are special places on the map that come in different colors and provide additional bonuses in addition to restoring a certain amount of Energy:
- Red Places of Power will remove a card from the deck.
- Yellow Places of Power allow the transformation of one card to another.
- Green Places of Power strengthen the selected unit by 3 points.
- Blue Places of Power allow you to duplicate the selected card.
The events are special places on the map, which are marked with the distinctive icon of a wooden wall with a question mark on a blue background. Once the event begins, you can decide whether you want to take a chance and participate in it or leave with nothing. By doing events in Gwen Rogue Mage, you can gain additional cards, Energy points, but also lose something if the attempt fails.