This page of the Ghostwire Tokyo game guide contains information about your inventory. You will learn when the full inventory notification can appear, as well as what to do in order to permanently increase your inventory capacity and be able to carry more items of a given type.
Inventory capacity limits - how do they work?
The inventory management system is quite peculiar, because only some of the items you acquire actually have a capacity limit. These are specifically:
- healing items - food, drink and spectral food
- talismans - specifically repeats of talismans you already have
- katashiro - you can only carry a maximum of 50 paper dolls (after purchasing them in stores)
However, you can collect the following items in unlimited amounts:
- secrets and collectibles - files, KK's investigation notes, voice logs, relics
- outfits and clothing items
- key (quest) items - these are placed in a separate inventory category
In the categories listed above, the limit only applies to a particular type of item, e.g. a specific type of food or drink. This is not a global limitation (e.g. for all the food you have).
To avoid reaching your inventory capacity, it's a good idea to use the items that you have the most of. This will make it less likely that you will receive a notification about your inventory being full when you try to collect a new item.
Unlocking new inventory slots
The game allows you to permanently increase certain sections of your inventory. You can increase the space of particular item categories by spending skill points to purchase abilities from the skill tree. Pay attention to the following three ability groups:
Daikoku abilities allow you to carry more consumables, i.e. different kinds of food and drink.
Yumitsukai abilities allow you to carry more arrows for the bow.
Hoteison abilities allow you to carry more talismans of certain types (e.g. stun or thicket talismans).