On this page of our game guide to Ghost of Tsushima we have prepared a detailed description of the second duel with the Ryuzo boss. Jin has to face his old friend again in act 2 of the story campaign. Our walkthrough explains in detail when you will have to confront Ryuzo for the second time. We remind you what kind of attacks the boss likes to use, how to avoid getting hit and how to defeat Ryuzo in order to finally kill him.
The second duel with Ryuzo occurs during the From the Darkness main quest. As a reminder, this quest is about sneaking into the castle and poisoning the milk of Mongols. Jin will encounter Ryuzo shortly after poisoning the milk, specifically after entering the large keep.
You've already had a chance to face Ryuzo in the first act of the story campaign. The main difference in this battle is the fact that this time you will be able to murder Ryuzo after winning the duel with him.
This duel will not surprise you with anything new compared to the previous battle against Ryuzo. What's more, you should be able to win with more ease, because you have been able to gain new skills and better equipment since the last fight.
Ryuzo may use the following strikes and attacks:
- Standard attacks - you can easily block or parry them.
- Red attacks - you have to use dodges or jump away to avoid getting hit. These attacks cannot be blocked or parried.
- Blue attacks - by default, you must behave in the same way as in case of the red attacks, that is, use dodges and jumps. The exception is the situation of having an unlocked Unyielding Sword Parry. Having it at your disposal will allow you to parry the blue attacks.
Ryuzo can use combo attacks. The most important of these are:
- Red attack combined with blue attack.
- A red attack followed by a kick and 1 or 2 blue attacks.
Always make sure that after correctly dodging the red attack, you are immediately ready to block or (better option) parry the next attack / wave of attacks.
You can cause small amount of damage to Ryuzo by launching 2-3 attacks after each successful parry. The quickest way to weaken the boss is to rely on perfect sword parry and perfect dodges. Of course, you must have proper skills to use these moves.
After depriving Ryuzo of his entire health bar, you can watch a cut-scene during which Jin will kill his old friend.