On this page of our guide you can find information about system requirements of Ghost of Tsushima. You will find out how many gigabytes of free space the game needs, whether a PS+ subscription is required, and what graphics options are available in Ghost of Tsushima.
- Ghost Of Tsushima - system requirements
- Kurosawa Mode
- Ghost of Tsushima - PS4 vs PS4 Pro
- Graphics options
- Is there a demo version of Ghost of Tsushima?
- Is Ghost of Tsushima coming to PC?
Ghost Of Tsushima - system requirements
- Ghost of Tsushima requires about 50 GB of free space on the console's hard drive. It's a title that has a much smaller installer than games like The Last of Us Part II, but it still offers a very high quality of graphics and a diverse game world.
- PS+ subscription is not required, because Ghost of Tsushima doesn't have any multiplayer modes.
- The game has an advanced Photo Mode. You can use it to take interesting photos during the game and apply some filters to enhance your picture. Photo Mode has been discussed in more detail in our FAQ section.
- Ghost of Tsushima allows you to activate an unusual graphic filter that imitates an old black and white movie. It is a reference to the famous classics of Akira Kurosawa. This mode is available from the beginning and you don't have to unlock it after some progress in the game.
You can enable Kurosawa mode in the options menu - in the Display section. This mode changes all in-game colors and effects to make it look like a black and white movie. However, this option may obscure the visibility, especially in case of items or interactions.
This option is only available on the PS4 Pro. This feature allows you to choose what you prefer more - a higher image quality of graphics or more fps.
Ghost of Tsushima - PS4 vs PS4 Pro
Ghost of Tsushima was released for all versions of PS4 platform. This allows each player to enjoy not only smooth gameplay, but also a beautiful graphics. An eye-catching option, available only to PS4 Pro owners, is the ability to activate the HDR and select the performance options.
However, by playing on the standard version of PS4 you won't experience any problems. The game manages to keep a stable 30fps. In addition, the graphics of Ghost of Tsushima look fantastic even on this console version. The distinctive colours and beautiful surroundings can be appreciated even without using the PS4 Pro. No major bugs appeared throughout the game. Even if Jin got stucked somewhere for a while, the game quickly fixed the problem and teleported him to the next location.
Ghost of Tsushima does not have too many graphics options. In the Display section you can change:
- Screen brightness;
- HDR - only available on selected TV models;
- HUD style;
- Interface quality (HDR).
You can also change things more related to gameplay than graphics:
- Showing blood in the game;
- Showing health bars of enemies;
- Show the mask during cutscenes;
Is there a demo version of Ghost of Tsushima?
Ghost of Tsushima does not have a demo version. In order to play the game you must purchase it at full price.
The entire game offers an enjoyable gameplay for at least 20 hours. Therefore, it's quite a large title. If you get involved you can spend more than 50 hours to acquire and complete everything that game designers have offered.
Is Ghost of Tsushima coming to PC?
No, there's no PC version planned.