On this page of the Genshin Impact guide you will learn about elements and their combinations. What element works best with another, and what happens when two characters with the same element are in the Party.
When it comes to combining elements in combat, most of them give a certain effect that can be used to defeat other opponents as quickly as possible. Sometimes you don't even have to attack with two characters of different elements to make combinations, as many opponents are created from a given element. The combination of these two elements will create a status like burning, although there are many more.
Reactions of the elements
- Burning - Pyro Nature - inflicts damage from fire over time until the effect ends.
- Crystallize - Geo Pyro/Hydro/Cryo/Electro - you receive an injury-absorbing shield from a given element.
- Swirl - Ameno Cryo/Electro/Pyro/Hydro - absorbs a given element and creates an attack combined with wind and another type of element, inflicting Elemental DMG.
- Vaporize - Hydro Pyro - the attack will inflict increased damage by 2x if Hydro was the initial element or 1.5 x if Pyro was the initial element.
- Melt - Pyro Cryo - attacks inflict increased damage.
- Frozen/Shatter - Cryo Hydro - Frozen freezes opponents making them unable to perform actions. Shatter activates when inflicting damage to frozen opponents with heavy weapons such as Claymore.
- Overload - Electro Pyro - creates a small explosion that deals AOE DMG from Pyro and destroys Geo Shields.
- Superconduct - Electro Cryo - inflicts Cryo AOE DMG and lowers resistance to physical damage.
- Electro-Charge - Electro Hydro - inflicts damage from Electro over time.
Elemental Resonance are bonuses that you activate depending on what character with a particular element you have in your current party. You have to have two characters of the same element to activate the effect.
- High Voltage - 2x Electro - Hydro effects last 40% less time. Superconduct, Overloaded, and Electro-Charged give a 100% chance of generating electro particles. Cooldown is 5 seconds.
- Fervent Flames - 2x Pyro - Cryo effects last 40% less time. Increases character attack by 25%.
- Soothing Water - 2x Hydro - Pyro effects last 40% less time. It increases healing by 30%.
- Impetuous Winds - 2x Ameno - reduces stamina consumption by 15%. Increases the speed of movement by 10%. Reduces skill charging time by 5%.
- Shattering Ice - 2x Cryo - Electro effects last 40% less time. Increases the CRIT Rate by 15% against frozen opponents or affected by Cryo.
- Enduring Rock - 2x Geo -increases resistance to Interruption. If you are protected by a shield, your DMG is increased by 15%.
- Protective Canopy - 4 different elements - resistance to all elements increased by 15%.