The guide to Frostpunk contains tips that can be useful during the game and will allow you to survive in the game's cold and unwelcoming world. We've described all resources, technologies and laws that will affect your city. This city builder is really difficult but satisfactory.
Here, you can find information about the game's basic mechanics in Frostpunk. Guide contains hints for starting the game, general information and basic gameplay mechanics. You will also learn about e.g. citizens' happiness, resources and technology.
- How to start?
- General tips
- Resources and food
- Dissatisfaction and hope
- Hazards - how to deal with cold, starvation or sickness?
The FAQ section contains many crucial questions and knowledge essential to survival in Frostpunk. What are Steam Cores and where to find them? How you can build Automatons? Should children work? If you have another question, ask in the comments below. We will try to answer them!
- How to get Steam Cores? - the most important advanced resources in the game.
- What are Automatons?
- Is it worth to assign children to work?
- How to keep high production and don't get exiled?
- What is the best way of placing buildings?
- How to build roads?
- What happens when Discontent or Hope reach critical values?
- Why are my inhabitants dying?
- Which technology should be developed first?
- What type of policy should be avoided?
- How much does the temperature impact the citizens?
- What will happen once the basic sources of resources are depleted?
- Other questions
- Path of Faith or Path of Order? - choose best path for your city.
The next chapter contains walkthroughs for the scenarios (missions in Frostpunk) and tips on how to complete them. We've prepared maps for your scouts which will help you to identify and find all important places with material, automatons and steam cores. You can also learn how to reconcile mission's requirements with citizens' needs. In Frostpunk you can find three scenarios, A New Home, The Arks and The Refugees.
Resources, material, surviving
This guide also offers you methods from which you can learn how to use your resources effectively which in turn helps you to avoid potential crisis.
- Collecting wood - Wood is the primary resources in Frostpunk which will allow to build tents and another buildings.
- Excavating coal - coal is the fuel for the reactor. Creating an efficient coal mining network is one of the main tasks of the game.
- Food - you need raw food in order to make food rations for your people.
- Steel - advanced resources essential to progress in the game.
The Book of Laws
The Book of Laws contains laws. They're basically skills or traits which may help you or... harm. There are two Books of Laws - Adaptation Book contains rights essential to survive your city. The Purpose Book on the other hand is divided in two books: Path of Faith and Path of Order. If you are wondering which path is better, here is the answer.
The last chapter contains crucial information about the controls and system requirements.
Frostpunk is another game developed by 11bit studio known for such games as This War of Mine. This game is a combination of RTS and survival. Almost all people on the Earth have died because of a glacial period that happened in XIX century. Only a few of them survived and got used to new climate and gathered near giant steam reactors. Your task is to rule one of those cities. However, the road will be difficult. You will have to resolve many moral issues. You must decide what is more important: good of a group or good of a unit.
Agnieszka Adamus (www.gamepressure.com)
About Frostpunk Game Guide
Author : Agnieszka "aadamus" Adamus for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : September 5, 2017
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Frostpunk Video Game
- genre: Strategy
- developer: 11 bit studios
- publisher: 11 bit studios
- platform: PC
An strategy city-builder game with survival and social management elements by Polish studio 11bit Studios. Frostpunk is set in a fictional icy-cold world, whose climate deeply affected the development of its society. To survive, people rely mostly on steam engines. However, it is not enough, and the society is falling apart, which means it needs to change. The gameplay focuses on the survival aspect, which, unlike in other such productions, means more than gathering and managing resources. Strategic elements are also of great importance, and you also need to make difficult and morally ambiguous decisions. The game features distinct visuals, in which the cold colors of nature are contrasted with the warmer hues, which symbolize the remains of civilization.
More About Frostpunk
The official trailers are not enough – here’s 15 minutes of new gameplay straight from the chilly strategy game Frostpunk!
After the highly acclaimed This War of Mine, 11 bit studios is ready to reveal the first batch of information about their newest project. It's time to let it go in the frozen land of Frostpunk!