Fortnite: Battle Royale Guide provides tips and tricks, solution, hints and weapon's description, which will help you understand the mechanics and rules of this free-to-play mode. The guide discusses rules the maps are subject to which will prove useful while planning on your steps and combat tactics and buildings fortifications. No, not only the v-bucks matters! Just download the game and start wining! Of course if the server shutdown is over.
- Tips for start - How to play and win?
- Best weapons
- Building and fortifications
- Fortnite Battle Royale - What's new in June?
Tips for start - How to play and win?
Beginner's Guide to Battle Royale - tips and tricks for an immensely popular mode, in which you, and hundreds of other players, are stranded on an isle. Whoever manages to survive until the end of the match, wins. That section provides a handful of hints for beginner players, description of controls and system requirements, where you find a comprehensive discussion of technical issues.
- How to start in Fortnite: Battle Royale?
- Tips for start - play and win the game.
- Firing system - how to shoot and kill? You're aiming and accuracy in Fortnite can be a lot better.
- Beginning of the match - what to do after landing?
- Traps and how to run in middle stage?
- Build a fortress! Collect a sniper rifle! Tips and tricks for late stage of the game.
- System requirements
Weapons, gear, equipment, items, ammo, meds and secrets - all you can find here. Also here, you will find a description of each weapon in the Fortnite: Battle Royale, its firepower, usefulness and tactics connected with using them. Learn about best weapons in Fornite.
- Weapons and items tips
- Meds - how to heal in Fortnite: Battle Royale?
- Assault rifles and sniper rifles - camping and fighting with Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle, Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle, Burst rifle and scoped assault rifle.
- Grenades, bombs, RPG - grenade launcher, rocket-propelled grenade.
- Shotguns - tactical and pump shotgun.
- Pistols and submachine guns - the best pistol in the game? Pick pistol, revolver or submachine gun (SMG).
The next part discusses the match and walkthrough. It provides description of all the elements of the game proper, thanks to which you will come closer to victory. Those chapters discuss landing, drop zones, picking up items, building fortifications and how to avoid dangers connected with storms.
- Best landing locations in Fortnite: Battle Royale - check our map with the best places for landing.
Building and fortifications
This has been rounded up with chapters on tactics that you can employ to win the match. Here, you will find a detailed description of shooting mechanics that is quite different from other games with Battle Royale mode. Another thing setting Fortnite apart from other games of this type is building vaults and fortifications, which is also described in that chapter. Apart from that, it discusses the best landing zones and inventory management hints.
This guide to Fortnite: Battle Royale provides:
- A handful of tips for beginners;
- A comprehensive description of weaponry;
- A detailed description on erecting structures;
- Discussion of shooting mechanics
- Map with the best starting positions
- Discussion of the technical side of the game's PC version
Fortnite Battle Royale - What's new in June?
This chapter presents a summary of the most important changes to Fortnite: Battle Royale. It will allow you to find out when Epic Games decided to make radical changes to the most important aspects of the game and to check which items and limited time modes they added in June. In each of the following chapters you will also find a link to the main Fortnite page where you can read the full change log of a given update.
- Content update 4.3 - 06.06.2018
- Update 4.4 - 11.06.2018
- Fortnite: Battle Royale for Nintendo Switch - 12.06.2018
- Content update 4.4 - 19.06.2018
- Update 4.5 - 27.06.2018
Content update 4.3 - 06.06.2018
Several things have changed in the 4.3 content update. First of all, we should mention the reduced effectiveness of shotguns and the reduction in the amount of resources obtained from lamps. Below you will find the most important changes brought by this update:
- Supply Llamas will now contain only 200 of each respective resource (instead of 500)
- Pump-action shotgun damage has been reduced from 90/95 (green/blue) to 80/85. Additionally, the headshot crit multiplier has been reduced from 2.5 to 2.0. Caution! This means that you cannot kill an enemy with 100hp / 100 shield with a single pump-action shotgun round.
- Trap damage has been increased by 100% (from 75 to 150 damage). Caution! This means you can die from a trap if you have less then 150hp / shield, so basically throughout 90% of the game. Watch your step!
- A new item has been added - Bouncer Trap. It is set just like all the other trap. It provides a jump upward or in a direction. The item can be found everywhere, in packs of three. Caution! The Bouncer enables you to execute long distance leaps and safely land potentially dangerous drops as it negates falling damage.
- Removed distance-based damage reduction when shooting structures from rifles, SMGs, and light machine guns, You can now destroy the structures from your maximum effective range.
- Increased effective range of explosives (C4) by 50%. Now you can destroy half of Tilted Towers using just two portions of C4.
Update 4.4 - 11.06.2018
The 4.4 update does not change much. Two quite interesting things have been added: a football stadium to celebrate the start of the world championships, and a new item - Thermal Scope Assault Rifle. Below you will find the most important changes in this update:
- New item - Thermal Scope Assault Rifle. Dealing 36-37 damage, the rifle can "see" through walls. The perfect tool for those that would rather observe the heat of battle from a distance.
- Sniper Shootout is back as a limited time mode.
- Added new location - soccer stadium. You will find it in the northern section of the map, just beside the Pleasant Park.
Fortnite: Battle Royale for Nintendo Switch - 12.06.2018
From now on, anyone who owns a Nintendo Switch console can download Fortnite: Battle Royale for free. Everyone interested should refer to our guide, in which we describe the registration process in detail.
Content update 4.4 - 19.06.2018
Another update and a new batch of novelties. This time we can use specially designed grenades - Stink Bombs. They'll make it easy to smoke out even the most hardened campers, because let's face it... who likes campers?
- New item - Stink Bomb. This grenade generates a cloud of deadly gas, which deals 10 damage per second for 9 seconds.
- Added new limited time mode - Final Fight Teams of 20. Mode in which five teams of 20 compete for victory. This time, though, the storm ring shrinks only three times, and the winner is chosen when the match time is over. The team that has the most players left, wins.
Update 4.5 - 27.06.2018
The next update introduces a few changes to the game. As always, we see the addition of some new items. This time it is a pair of guns. Below you will find the most important things added in this update:
- New weapon! - Dual pistols. Dealing 41-43 damage, this weapon comes in two flavors - epic and legendary. It uses medium ammo, usually reserved for assault rifles and revolvers.
- New limited time mode! Playground. Hundreds of thousands of players across the globe have been asking for this mode. You enter the server with your friends and create whatever you wish on the map. The match lasts for an hour. Additionally, this mode also allows for 1v1 battles, as friendly fire is enabled.
- The SMGs have now increases accuracy (by as much as 25%) and damage increased by 2. This doesn't affect the accuracy of the first shot. The buff is smaller for silenced SMGs - the accuracy bonus is only 10%.
- Items dropped in the water will now float.
Jacek "Ramzes" Winkler (www.gamepressure.com)
About Fortnite: Battle Royale Game Guide
Author : Jacek "Ramzes" Winkler for gamepressure.com
Translator : Slawomir "rattchen" Niejadlik
last update : November 7, 2017
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Fortnite: Battle Royale Video Game
- genre: Action
- developer: Epic Games
- publisher: Epic Games
- platform: PC, PS4, XONE
Fortnite: Battle Royale is a third-person action game featuring battle royale mechanics. The game has been developed by Epic Games, one of the most recognizable studios in the industry. Throughout the years, the studio has delivered such video games series as Gears of War and Unreal. Moreover, it is known for creating the Unreal Engine technology, which has been used in the production processes of such games as Final Fantasy VII Remake (developed by Square Enix), Tekken 7 (developed by Bandai Namco) and PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (Bluehole). Fortnite: Battle Royale for PC / Windows has evolved from Fortnite, however, it is a free-to-play and standalone production, which does not require the base game in order to work.
Fortnite: Battle Royale delivers only a multiplayer mode, in which a player has but one objective - stay alive until the match ends. A hundred players are transported onto an island with almost nothing in their inventory. When over the battlefield, they have to exit their transport and skydive towards the location they see fit to start the match, e.g. near buildings. It is important, as at the beginning of a match, a player is equipped only with a pickaxe, and he has to find or loot weapons, traps, and other pieces of gear. Thus, one has a bigger chance to find something useful in a house or a farm.
Fortnite: Battle Royale PC version System Requirements
Recommended: Intel Core i5 2.8 GHz, 8 GB RAM, graphic card 2 GB GeForce 660/Radeon HD 7870 or better, Windows 7/8/10 64-bit
Minimum: Intel Core i3 2.4 GHz, 4 GB RAM, graphic card Intel HD 4000 or better, Windows 7/8/10 64-bit