This page of the guide to Forgotten City explains how to reach the Great Temple. Inside, you will meet the creator of the Golden Rule. This is one of the 4 available endings of the game. We have described all of them on separate pages of the guide.
By completing the in-game tasks according to our walkthrough, you will receive the following achievements:
- The Canon Ending
- Silver Tongue
- The Oracle
Reaching the temple
Let's start with the fact that the time loop has been reset. You can talk to Galerius and give him some tasks, but that's not important. You must reach the great temple. This is where you have often met Octavia and Ulpius.
There's an obelisk there, that you may never paid attention to before. Now it will be marked on the map, and you have to put all plaques you collected into it. As a reminder, their descriptions can be found on the pages:
Inside, you will find a small "puzzle". You'll go through 4 gates. Each of them will open after selecting the appropriate password. The correct order is:
- "Pluto, Father of Riches, grant me an audience."
- "Hades, Lord of Many, grant me an audience."
- "Osiris, Lord of Silence, grant me an audience."
- "Nergal, The Fierce One, grant me an audience."
Meeting the Lord
At this point, you need to be very focused - the following dialogue is very long and really easy to mess up. Start by asking about everything else before you click "Are you responsible for The Golden Rule?". Afterwards, you will focus on the dialogues:
- "What do you consider a sin?"
- "That principle is not as easy to apply as it sounds."
- "I've seen some terrible things here that you didn't consider a sin. How could you let them happen?"
- "Suicide/Price-gouging for life saving medicine/a scam/debt bondage/experiments on the golden status / Abduction". End all conversations with "No, of course not. Never mind."
- "That's all the questions I had."
- "I'm from the future"
- "I was hoping you could tell me."
- "Shouldn't you know this, as the God of the Underworld?"
- "I'd like you to put an end to The Golden Rule."
- "The Golden Rule is corrupting this city, and ensuring you'll never win the wager."
- Here, use all the dialogue related to the residents;
- "No, but humans need to be able to use of force, in exceptional circumstances, to correct their societies."
- "Our Word will always be imperfect. But the kind of force required to create a utopia will inevitably result in tyranny."
- Perhaps he felt threatened by you and didn't want a potential challenger in Elysium
- "Perhaps you were blinded by your love for Proserpina. It's very human."
- "We just want to return to the world."
This will start one of the endings. We described it in detail on The Canon Ending page.