Friendly insect in Forever Skies is a small creature that you can keep in your Airship. Here you will learn everything about it.
How to get a friendly insect?
To get a friendly insect, you need to go to the Underdust location. There you will find this creature.
- Take the elevator down into the Underdust.
- Look for a flower called icedew, which will block your way to the tunnels. To bypass it, create a Hypothermia Booster and use it. The injection requires the Vertigo Virus, which you unlock in the Virus Sample Analyzer. A detailed description of obtaining the device can be found on the page: How to get a Hypothermia Booster?
- After bypassing the icedew, head to the end of the tunnel. There, after a short confrontation with an impious mantis, enter the small room.
- Approach the cage and free the friendly insect - the creature will appear in your inventory.
However, that's not all you need to do for the insect to live in your Airship. You need a soft pillow. You can obtain its blueprints after scanning the item in the Radio Tower, specifically in the Temporary Camp (picture above).
Research the soft pillow at the Research Station, then craft it at the Fabricator. After that you will be able to place the pillow on the Airship floor and have the friendly insect sit on it.
What does the friendly insect do?
Currently, the friendly insect is practically useless. It serves only as a decoration.
- The creature will react when the player comes close to it.
- The insect may sleep on its belly or back.
- It follows the player with its eyes whenever possible.
The developers announced that in the future you will be able to pet the friendly insect. Perhaps the cute creature will become more helpful in one of the updates.