This guide to Football Manager 2022 is a large compendium of knowledge regarding this extremely popular football simulator from Sport Interactive. The detailed information and tips the guide contains will let you learn the most important mechanics of the game, help you learn the basics and teach you how to properly manage your club.
The first chapter of the guide is intended to lead you through the basics of FM 2022. In addition to useful starting tips, which should be especially helpful for new players, you'll also find information regarding other important parts of managing a football club, such as training, team meetings, press conferences, tactics, transfers, squad depth, scouting.
The second chapter of the Football Manager 2022 guide contains an FAQ, where we answer questions such as: whether you can play FM 2022 via Game Pass, is FM 2022 available on Android and iOS, can it be played on the PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo Switch consoles and whether it features multiplayer.
The final chapter of our guide to Football Manager 2022 is the Appendix, where you'll find the system requirements as well as information regarding the available languages in FM 2022.
- Football Manager 2022: Beginner's guide
- Football Manager 2022: PC system requirements
- Football Manager 2022: FAQ - I'm looking for an answer to a problem
- Football Manager 2022: Language versions
Football Manager 2022: Beginner's guide
- First time playing: if this is your first time playing FM 2022, it's a good idea to lead a good team with great players and fitting squad depth, such as PSG, Liverpool, Manchester City, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid;
- Delegating tasks: if you don't yet feel comfortable managing the club, remember that most of the everyday tasks, such as training, scouting or press conferences, can be assigned to other employees. Despite that, we suggest you to be the one handling extending contracts and hiring new employees;
- Inbox: every day you'll find the most important info regarding your club in your e-mail inbox. You should check it regularly and react to the situations that arise when needed;
- Injuries: to reduce the risk of your players getting injured, pay special attention to the Medical Center tab, where you'll find risk assessment for individual players. If a player is too burdened, let him rest;
- Tactics: you shouldn't mess with your team's tactics too much if this is your first time playing Football Manager 2022, as without proper knowledge you can end up limiting your players and preventing them from realising the implemented tactics. For example, if you want to focus on ball possession, you shouldn't set the game's pace to be extremely fast;
- Morale: low morale can greatly affect your team's performance. Check the Dynamics tab from time to time to keep track of team morale and the atmosphere in the dressing room;
- Scouting: recruiting new players to the team is a very important task. Each decision must be carefully thought through, and you can't go over budget when recruiting;
- Training: it's not easy to plan a training calendar, so at first you should agree to the plan your advisors suggest you. Later on, once you have a better understanding of FM 2022's base mechanics, you can start implementing minor changes and adjusting the training to your vision of the club.
More tips for FM 2022 can be found on the Beginner's guide page.
Football Manager 2022: PC system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7(SP1)/8/8.1/10 64-bit;
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 1.8 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 1.8 GHz;
- Graphics Card: 256 MB GeForce 9600M GT / Radeon HD 3650 or better;
- RAM: 4 GB;
- Disk space: 7 GB HDD.
For more information, including the recommended system requirements to run FM 2022 on Windows PC and macOS, check the System requirements page.
Football Manager 2022: FAQ - I'm looking for an answer to a problem
Guide in preparation. All FAQ topics related to FM 2022 will be added soon.
Football Manager 2022: Language versions
FM 2022 features subtitles in seventeen different languages. You can find more info about Football Manager 2022's language versions on the Language versions page.
About Football Manager 2022 Guide
Author : Lukasz "Qwert" Telesinski for gamepressure.com
Translator : Mateusz "Ictius" Sawka
last update : November 19, 2021
Use the comments below to submit your updates and corrections to this guide.
Football Manager 2022 Video Game
- genre: Sports
- developer: Sports Interactive
- publisher: SEGA
- platform: PC, XONE, XSX